Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ICED in. in KC...pics added (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12016-iced-kc-pics-added.html)

traviss 01-31-2002 05:36 PM

we are suppose to get it tonight... we got 14" of snow this morning :(

LutzParty 01-31-2002 05:36 PM

you should be able to see them now

FunHome 01-31-2002 05:45 PM

We made it through! But, Have been without power since 11pm last night!! We are going to stay here at the Funeral Home tonight and catch up on laundry (Dam SEARS!) We had a service this morning and a visitation last night! What a Pain!! I worked until about 10:30pm clearing the parking lot and spreading 2000lb.'s of salt and sand with a shovel!! (Not Fun) Then went home just long enough to step in the door and the power went out!! Then we had a death call at 11pm up until 3am, then up this morning to get more sand and salt to spread at the little country cemetery!
But we are all fine and have a place to go, I feel for those who don't.
*Funny Note* My renter called today to tell me they have no power, then they went on to say that they checked the pilot light but still had no heat!!?!? I had to explain that since we have no power to run the fan (blower) the heater can't work!
:rolleyes:

PhantomChaos 01-31-2002 05:48 PM

What is all that white stuff? Ashes?

:D :D :D

fountain525sc 01-31-2002 05:55 PM

Hey everyone. Pretty dangerous around here. We lost power about 8:30 last night and will be without for at least 2 days. Could be worse I guess, at least we are all safe. One funny thing did happen. Because of the power loss my bed which can be raised up and down to help my disability got stuck in a sitting up position, had to sleep on the floor by the firplace!! Like I said at least we're all safe!
:) :) :)

Iggy 01-31-2002 06:03 PM

Man, I don't miss that weather at all.
I moved to Florida to get away from that crap.
The last winter we spent in Jersey had ice storms like that and sub-freezing temps that caused 30" dia. pine trees to snap in two. The power lines to our house were torn off twice in the same week.

I hope you guys faired well and maybe the rest of the winter won't be so bad.

KCHOTBOAT 01-31-2002 08:29 PM

My place was full today the girlfriend lost power. She is here with her daughter and two dogs. Now my brother called he is without power so he and his great dane want to come over. The best part I have been off for almost two days.

Shorgasm 02-01-2002 12:25 AM

Gotta like that "OJ" in the Driveway...... :eek:

Run Forrest run!!!!!!! :p

Hey isn't that second house the one that had that big crack bust..... :p :p :p ;)

FunHome 02-01-2002 09:26 AM

Troutly,
Yep, 16 single bed's each with their own lids!! However, some are more comfortable than other's!! ;)

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: FunHome ]

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: FunHome ]

tanned fat looks better 02-01-2002 09:37 AM

Lutz party,

use the instant ubb code button that says url. If you just want one pic, right click on the pic, click on properties, highlight the address then copy it, paste it in the url box, next box will pop up and ask for a title, type in what you want.....you won't see it properly till you post it.

you should be able to take the page address of your pic page and post it the same way so people don't have to log in to see it.

Nort,
Yeah, the Santa Anna's are killin us :D :D