Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   $4,200 34 DCB Insurance? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120211-%244-200-34-dcb-insurance.html)

HUSTLEthis 01-11-2006 09:37 PM

Re: $4,200 34 DCB Insurance?

We went through worldwide....Bob was great to work with..
That's about as cheap as you'll find...

GOODT 01-11-2006 09:41 PM

most of my customers are with worldwide,

from my stand point very easy to work with, quick pay

Harper220 01-11-2006 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by GOODT
faster boat higher ins........

A cat may be faster, but not any less safe. :rolleyes:

It's a crime what these insurance guys are demanding for cats.

SkiDoc 01-12-2006 05:08 AM

Thanks for the replies. Obviously most of us are willing to part with a lot of cash for this sport/hobby, but paying this much for cat insurance makes us look like we are not smart with our money. It's hard to rationalize paying this much to own a boat. I was told that due to the Hurricanes several companies went belly up and that there are very few options. I've found only one which is Markel. They seem to be the only underwriters for these boats. What happens if they quit writing these boats???????? I think Tres is right about the crisis in high performance boat insurance.

gsmith9898 01-12-2006 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Thanks for the replies. Obviously most of us are willing to part with a lot of cash for this sport/hobby, but paying this much for cat insurance makes us look like we are not smart with our money. It's hard to rationalize paying this much to own a boat. I was told that due to the Hurricanes several companies went belly up and that there are very few options. I've found only one which is Markel. They seem to be the only underwriters for these boats. What happens if they quit writing these boats???????? I think Tres is right about the crisis in high performance boat insurance.

I got my new eliminator insured through anpac insurance. had to move all my insurance to them but the cost was only $700 a year.

gsmith9898 01-12-2006 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by TRICK
That's really a lot better than I was quoted a few months back on a 35 Motion. Over 6k with 525's.

Do we want to stop the Eliminator logos on the Jackets?

Sounds like maybe I can get a good deal some eliminator jackets? :evilb:

Tres 01-12-2006 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle

Crisis is right! The writing is on the wall!!!!!If we can just get the people educated! I teach technique, which aids control,which results in safety. Too many people really think they have these boats under control. They are just lucky, and for everyone that loses it, your insurance just keeps climbing. I am starting to go out to locations, but it is difficult sometimes but I just want to get people doing the right think on the water.If you knew the real numbers in claims you would think it is not true, and just think of the claims that have never been reported. I am going to help change boating for the better,one class at a time. Safe boating!

docmanrich37 01-12-2006 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I got my new eliminator insured through anpac insurance. had to move all my insurance to them but the cost was only $700 a year.

That's about what a friend was paying for he's 26' eliminator until he's renewal and they quoted him 3 times as much at renewal.Hows that prop doing i sold you ?

gsmith9898 01-12-2006 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
That's about what a friend was paying for he's 26' eliminator until he's renewal and they quoted him 3 times as much at renewal.Hows that prop doing i sold you ?

Working great! I am having some gear issues and needed to go from 1.36 to 1.50. How do you like being back in a v ? I have forwarded you a few e-mails, I hope none have offended you. :eek:

Spine Tingler 01-12-2006 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
More than enough reason to make want to stick to V's with fewer doggies.

Have you benn smoking that funny grass again?