Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many people wear life jackets during a poker run? >

How many people wear life jackets during a poker run?

Notices
View Poll Results: Who wears life jackets in poker runs?
I wear them, my crew does not
1.88%
Everybody in the boat wears them
69.38%
I dont wear them
20.63%
Allen4 is a putz
8.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

How many people wear life jackets during a poker run?

Old 01-19-2006, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: How many people wear life jackets during a poker run?

Originally Posted by stecz20
why do you have to bring long island into it... just not right...

the funny thing is, i bet right at this moment, there is a crack head taking a dump and sleeping in your gun as we speak.. you should have never left your baby in our neck of the woods... its fair game for all....
Nice!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just got off the phone with bo, he said dont worry he made raheem clean up after himself...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Wow! Sleeper Dave is the bravest, smartest, and most bad ass boater I've ever heard of.
You think i'm a badass because i don't wear a life jacket, don't wear a lanyard, and drink beer? Damn, you have pretty low standards for role models.

You all talk a lot of shiit. I'm a more experienced, responsible, safe boater than at least half the people on the water. You can all get the fukc off your high horses and stop talking smack about shiit you obviously don't know about.

I've been boating since i was 10 years old, and actually driving the boat since i was 12. I've driven cruisers, PWC, tenders, jetboats, center consoles and performance boats; vessels ranging from about 8' to 45'.

In all my time boating (i'm 26, so 16+ yrs on the boat, 14+ yrs behind the wheel), nobody has ever been ejected from the boat or fallen overboard.

If you've been thrown out of a boat 3 ****ing times, it's time you stop talking ****t about me not wearing a lanyard and figure out how to drive a fukking boat.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
You think i'm a badass because i don't wear a life jacket, don't wear a lanyard, and drink beer? Damn, you have pretty low standards for role models.

You all talk a lot of shiit. I'm a more experienced, responsible, safe boater than at least half the people on the water. You can all get the fukc off your high horses and stop talking smack about shiit you obviously don't know about.

I've been boating since i was 10 years old, and actually driving the boat since i was 12. I've driven cruisers, PWC, tenders, jetboats, center consoles and performance boats; vessels ranging from about 8' to 45'.

In all my time boating (i'm 26, so 16+ yrs on the boat, 14+ yrs behind the wheel), nobody has ever been ejected from the boat or fallen overboard.

If you've been thrown out of a boat 3 ****ing times, it's time you stop talking ****t about me not wearing a lanyard and figure out how to drive a fukking boat.

think about what your saying.. you're the one boasting about your lack safety... the problem is you're 26 and really have no idea how to live your life let alone boat in a manor that you're not a menace to everyone around you... if you would have kept your mouth shut from the start you would not have been bashed for your ignorant views and practices....
Old 01-19-2006, 09:59 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dave - i checked some of your posts since joining, you sure you want to be here? You seem to have a problem with just about everyone -

The thread started about high speed operation and safest way to conduct yourself at a Poker Run.

Lighten up there Francis (for you young'ns thats a reference to a Bill Murray movie from 1981)
Old 01-19-2006, 10:01 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

as much as I dislike agreeing with this Stecz guy....
Old 01-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stecz20
think about what your saying.. you're the one boasting about your lack safety... the problem is you're 26 and really have no idea how to live your life let alone boat in a manor that you're not a menace to everyone around you... if you would have kept your mouth shut from the start you would not have been bashed for your ignorant views and practices....
**** you too!

More bashing, WTF is wrong with you people?

Why do you automatically assume i'm some irrespponsible kid when i tell you i'm 26?

I hope all performance boaters don't adopt the same "holier than thou" attitude i'm seeing from you people. If so i'm selling my boat and buying a cruiser.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:29 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

**** you too!

More bashing, WTF is wrong with you people?

Why do you automatically assume i'm some irrespponsible kid when i tell you i'm 26?

I hope all performance boaters don't adopt the same "holier than thou" attitude i'm seeing from you people. If so i'm selling my boat and buying a cruiser.
As you grow you'll learn to drop that continuous "you people" habit, its confrontational.
As far as you buying a cruiser? See ya!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered

In the last few posts, i've been pissed off. So yea, i'm being confrontational. And i'm not far enough south to use "y'all". But you're being an idiot. You're assuming that i'm an unsafe boater, but everyone is bowing down to this BK guy because he wears an expensive life jacket and uses a lanyard. Well, maybe, just maybe, i'm the safer boater because I HAVEN'T BEEN THROWN OUT OF A BOAT THREE FUKCING TIMES.

If you operate a safe boat of sufficient size to be stable,in a safe and responsible manner, there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO WEAR A LIFE JACKET OR LANYARD IN TYPICAL LAKE CONDITIONS.

If i had to worry about getting thrown out of my boat on the typical weekend at the lake, i'd have bought something else. Bottom line. I don't drive some stripped down race boat, i have a simple 27' Fountain with a single big block. Unless i'm caught in a storm, i'm not worried about getting thrown out of it or flipping it. I know how to drive and i don't let stupid people drive my boat.

Oh, and CMG... luckily i've already met enough high-performance boat owners with down-to-earth attitudes that a half dozen pricks on some website aren't going to scare me off.

Last edited by sleeper_dave; 01-19-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:40 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

**** you old man.

You've looked at my posts and have determined that i have a problem.
Okay, which posts? The ones in this thread, where i'm simply defending
myself against those of you who seem to think i'm an unsafe boater
simply because i don't wear a life jacket while i'm boating? All of my
other posts on this forum have been me looking for or sharing information
of some sort. So don't try to judge me by one thread on a forum.

In the last few posts, i've been pissed off. So yea, i'm being
confrontational. But you're being an idiot. You're assuming that i'm an
unsafe boater, but everyone is bowing down to this BK guy because he wears
an expensive life jacket and uses a lanyard. Well, maybe, just maybe,
i'm the safer boater because I HAVEN'T BEEN THROWN OUT OF A BOAT THREE
FUKCING TIMES.

If you operate a safe boat of sufficient size to be stable,in a safe
and responsible manner, there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO WEAR A LIFE JACKET
OR LANYARD IN TYPICAL LAKE CONDITIONS.

If i had to worry about getting thrown out of my boat on the typical
weekend at the lake, i'd have bought something else. Bottom line. I
don't drive some stripped down race boat, i have a simple 27' Fountain
with a single big block. Unless i'm caught in a storm, i'm not worried
about getting thrown out of it or flipping it. I know how to drive and i
don't let stupid people drive my boat.

Oh, and Stecz... luckily i've already met enough high-performance boat
owners with down-to-earth attitudes that a half dozen *******s on some
website aren't going to scare me off.
I'll quote your original pre-edit e-mail Angry Dave. Down to earth much like yourself?? I'd agree if you just a little if you had kept Stecz's name in there and not changed to mine.

Quick Reply: How many people wear life jackets during a poker run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.