Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many people wear life jackets during a poker run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120239-how-many-people-wear-life-jackets-during-poker-run.html)

GatorDave 01-12-2006 03:23 PM

Re: How many people wear life jackets during a poker run?

Interesting that when I voted 67% said everyone in the boat wears one. Yet in the 4 poker runs I have participated I felt out of place with them on because almost no one else used them. And I've got one of the slower boats in the crowd!

WildWarrior 01-12-2006 05:08 PM

The rule on my go fast boats is life Jackets for all @ 50mph or 135mph, Poker run or not.

cuda 01-12-2006 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDave
Interesting that when I voted 67% said everyone in the boat wears one. Yet in the 4 poker runs I have participated I felt out of place with them on because almost no one else used them. And I've got one of the slower boats in the crowd!

I've often felt the same way. Once, there were sixty some boats in a poker run, and I only saw one other that everyone had lifejackets on. There ain't no fun worth dying for.

Downtown42 01-12-2006 06:03 PM

Everyone wears them here.

Cash Bar 01-12-2006 06:14 PM

In the Founatin 42', Bill and I wear the 5pt belts.

On the last leg of the KW Poker Run I was strapped in tighter than a gymnast' privates. :eek:

The new 42' will go in excess of 120mph so they will be on flat or calm water. We always insist the girls wear them since they tend to lose their tops while putting on the shoulder belts......... :D :drink:

apache21 01-12-2006 06:20 PM

I always wear my Lifelines. I have alot to live for now. Also have a boating accident makes your view of wearing good jackets increase.

bojoe2 01-12-2006 06:52 PM

everytime im on a poker run i wear one

Sydwayz 01-12-2006 07:11 PM

Brandon.... new boat???? :evilb:

H20 Toie 01-12-2006 07:20 PM

When i'm on the ocean i wear one and so does everyone on the boat. At the lake i don't but my daughter does (9yrs old) i bought 8 lifelines so there is always enough.

CMG 01-12-2006 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
Id crap if i was the girl in the water of pic 48 in the july 10th photos :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: