Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   No Excuses (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120246-no-excuses.html)

Stormrider 01-12-2006 10:54 AM

No Excuses

3 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have other pictures of this 28 Saber that Jim used to own?
Anyone know much about it, rigging and history wise?

thedonz 01-12-2006 01:38 PM

Re: No Excuses

don;t know anything about it but sure is sweet, are you concidering it?

p.s i'll take that white steering wheel you had e-mail me the address so i can send you a check for it. e-mail me at [email protected]. i'll be here until 4 pm today thanks bud

jr mike

Stormrider 01-12-2006 03:41 PM

I'm not considering anything right now. :(
I just like it, and would like to know more. ;)

SABER KID 01-12-2006 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of my Saber 28. It is for sale.

birdog 01-12-2006 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Does anyone have other pictures of this 28 Saber that Jim used to own?
Anyone know much about it, rigging and history wise?

He posted about it along time ago...Maybe do a search ?
Cool boat, Thats why i remember the post...just cant remember the thread !

Nykamp 01-12-2006 05:39 PM

Last I saw her she was sitting along the side of the road by Silver Lake with a for sale sign on her. Still looking sweet, it was on ebay last spring, call them 1-231-873-8500, good luck she is sweet looking.

BGIII 01-12-2006 06:15 PM

It has about 50 hours on the hull. Cockpit area is shorter and engine area is longer than a normal Saber 28 due to it originally being set up with transmissions and # 5 drives. It has a custom raised hatch similar to what PowerPlay used on their 33's. It is a very special 28 with many custom touches. The boat is literally like brand new other than a stain on the rear bench that looks like maybe a battery was set there. It has a very nice Eagle trailer with a drive guard and the upgraded fiberglass fenders. Full cover, cockpit cover, Gaffrig gauges w/ custom Saber logos, Zero Effort controls with add on trim switch, 280 K-Planes , small dash mounted GPS, no deck hatches, pop up cleats. That's about all I can remember. The original power and drives were removed when Jim D. built his 41 Victory's (now WickedWon) The transom on the 28 was plugged and the yellow on the outside was re-gelled. It looks perfect from the outside like holes had never been cut. The inside needs to be finished. It is all there except engines, accessories, exhaust, transom assemblies, drives and external steering. If you have ever seen WickedWon in person, it looks just like it.

SABER KIDS 28 Cyclone "Purple Haze" posted above is another sweet 28 Saber. It is a low hour boat with tons of custom stuff. It looks killer in the water and is definitely one of my favorite 28's.

Stormrider 01-12-2006 07:44 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.
BGIII, the boat is set up for transmissions, right? w/ the engine mounts forward?

Saberkid, what do you have for power.
Trying to learn as much as i can about these boats.
Not alot of info out there. maybe cuz there's not alot of them out there.

BGIII 01-12-2006 08:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Colors are off in these pics that were from the ebay ad.

BGIII 01-12-2006 08:23 PM

I believe the engine mounts are still set up as they were with the engines forward for the transmissions. This boat seems like a good candidate for a new set of transmissions and Konrads. Put about 650 horsepower in it and hold on. Both NO EXCUSES and PURPLE HAZE were 100+ MPH boats when delivered new. NO EXCUSES was a conservative "650 HP" and PURPLE HAZE had a set of 750 (I think) Cobras that later got bumped up a bit with some big blowers. Kind of nuts if you really think about it.