Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   41 Dessert warrior (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120278-41-dessert-warrior.html)

mr_velocity 01-13-2006 02:30 PM

Re: 41 Dessert warrior

Originally Posted by Panther
John Mulhern owned that boat, the guy driving the boat was the mechanic and a good friend of mine. In addition to many othere things... John owned an Ice Cream Parlor called Crazies, that's why the boat is painted like that. Not to long ago he died of a heart attack in his late 40's .. :(

Before that boat he had a Fountain that was painted in "Aqua Floge, it was a pretty cool paint job! :cool:

Mr. V knew him as well. :(

Wow sure brings back some memories.

Also had the Aqua Floge Aqua Sport that is still runniing in the area.

Bruce Springsteen said "When my friend John Mulheren died last night, it felt like our town had lost half of its population, such was the size of his presence and the feeling of loss among those of us who knew him. He was always doing, always building, always moving. Whatever he touched he changed, whether it was our community or your life. His great generosity, spirit and friendship will be deeply missed."

Not sure I could say it any better, there were close to 2000 people at his funeral and even that became a party, in honor of John who absolutely loved life, as Bruce Springsteen led everyone in a rendition of "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" Johns favorite song.

A ltille about the man in a local paper

Jayl13 01-13-2006 04:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Craig, Here is a crappy shot of the baja for you to look at, During painting.
Yeah its done but now I have to redo the interior and have the trailer welded back up, she took a beating in the wilma hurricane this year. Freakin brand new cover is gone completely.

Jayl13 01-15-2006 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
havent talked to the kid in awhile ....if your serious i will get in touch.....he definately doesnt need the money so you might not get a deal

Talk to him yet?

Jayl13 01-15-2006 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
nice...........

SLINGSHOT 01-15-2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Talk to him yet?

called vm is full

Comanche3Six 01-15-2006 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
John Mulhern owned that boat, the guy driving the boat was the mechanic and a good friend of mine. In addition to many othere things... John owned an Ice Cream Parlor called Crazies, that's why the boat is painted like that. Not to long ago he died of a heart attack in his late 40's .. :(

Before that boat he had a Fountain that was painted in "Aqua Floge, it was a pretty cool paint job! :cool:

Mr. V knew him as well. :(

He was a friendly guy, what a shame.

Jayl13 01-15-2006 11:07 AM

THanks Sling, appreciate the help!

Too Old 01-15-2006 11:10 AM

I hope it works out for you Jay. I know you've wanted a nice 41 for a while now.

Comanche3Six 01-15-2006 11:25 AM

Jay
It took me over four years to find the right boat. And........Hey! That Flyin Falcon looks pretty sweet! Uh oh! Why is there always another that catches your eye?
Best of luck in your quest.
Ed

thedonz 01-15-2006 02:48 PM

Jay in the long run it will all be worth it..... at least you have the truck already to haul it with the apache license plate :drink:

jr mike