Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   -2 inch shorties (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120312-2-inch-shorties.html)

PatriYacht 01-13-2006 09:19 AM

-2 inch shorties

Anybody have a pair of Imco or Max -2 inch shorties for Bravo's they want to sell? Complete or empty casings, let me know what you have. PM me or call Ian Blain at 248-701-8378 days, 248-623-8422 eves and weekends.

PatriYacht 01-13-2006 03:33 PM

Re: -2 inch shorties

ttt

dyno 01-13-2006 04:25 PM

WOW, Ian you going to try shorties on the Mondo Condo? Thats alot of boat to push with a shorty! I always wanted to try a set but didn't want to cough up the scratch to find out it wouldn't work for me. If anyone can make it work you can!!

Smitty 01-13-2006 04:43 PM

I would recommend that you only go 1" shorter. 2" will be to much and you will have to buy five or six blade props to get on plane. You can go with the 2" if you also add extension boxes.

sommerfliesby 01-13-2006 05:12 PM

Yeah Ian, go with -1s (not that I know any better)...but if you find a set of -2s, send 'em my way...my boat used to have them, but the former owner took them with him and put standard Bravos back on. We'll miss you guys this weekend.
mike

Harper220 01-13-2006 06:34 PM

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to try 2" shorties on my 28 Daytona and if it's too much I can always add a 1" spacer. I do run 5 blade props, which was the best move I ever made anyway. I think almost any boat could benefit going to 5 blades.

Patriyacht- You'll never know if the 2's would work unless you try them. If they don't work, you can always add a 1" spacer or they even make them in 1/2" increments.

JaayTeee 01-13-2006 09:30 PM

I'm looking too.

Ever since I Got a set of 5 blades,
I keep wondering what the'll do for it.

The 5 blades really hook up.
( I don't know if the boat even has to be in
the water to make it move, with em on:rolleyes: :D )

Tres Martin had a pair of cases in the
classifieds last week......they were gone
in an hour.

I'd pay decent $$$ just to rent a set to see how they work.

The Menace 01-13-2006 09:52 PM

2's will make it a little harder to get up on plane. I have -1's on the TG. We are offering it for sale with or without drives and motors. We will put the std Bravos back on if it sells without the XR/IMCO's and they will be available.

If you do not think an inch makes a difference ask the Mrs. :D

The Menace 01-13-2006 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=JaayTeee] The 5 blades really hook up.
QUOTE]

5's are great but when you get throttle happy and push it to the stops or jump it out a few times there may not be enough slip to save your lowers.

Harper220 01-13-2006 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
I'm looking too.

Ever since I Got a set of 5 blades,
I keep wondering what the'll do for it.

The 5 blades really hook up.
( I don't know if the boat even has to be in
the water to make it move, with em on:rolleyes: :D )

Tres Martin had a pair of cases in the
classifieds last week......they were gone
in an hour.

I'd pay decent $$$ just to rent a set to see how they work.

I'm going to buy just the cases, shorter vertical shafts and drop in my lowers. If everything works, then sell the bravos.