If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Eric, That's the first I heard you mention mufflers. I replaced my dry CMI tailpipes (too loud) this fall with their new tailpipes that have silencers built in. There's a bunch of angled expanded metal pieces welded inside that work with the dry exhaust gases before mixing with the water. They claim to not reduce HP on my engine (dynoed 464 HP, 454 Chevy) mostly because they're working with the dry exhaust gases. Can't wait to hear the improvement when we boat again in Michigan this spring. Randy

Charter Member #355 Charter Member CheckmateF1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    North Texas!

Randy, I've seen those new pipes in the catalog. Just don't want full time mufflers. I like the way it sounds but need to tone it down some at the ramp and marinas. And especially at night. So I think something switchable is more for me. Im looking at the Gaffrig Powertips. I need something pretty skinny to get under the platform.
    Thanks, Eric
    Boatless in Texas......for now

VIP Member VIP Member dirtlawyer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27 Concept & 18 Nordic O/B
    Tampa, Florida

Eric -

Check with Mike Flanigan at Lightning Bay Performance Marine - 727-822-4470. He usually has good pricing on CMI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12