Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120414-imco-2-shorties-group-purchase-anyone-interested.html)

blaniac 01-17-2006 07:15 PM

Re: IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

Need to know how much for the Bravo Shop 2" shortie that is polished and how much for a 1' spacer ??

articfriends 01-17-2006 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I second that :eek: :D :evilb: Ooops

Smitty is Max Marine guarantying you a speed increase over your nose cone drive??? I bet you could benefit from a shorter drive !!

Nothing is guaranteed,I spent 1-2 hours a day for a week and a half filling,sanding,blending and grinding on my stock case with the hydro nose cone making it pointy and sharp like a Imco so other then less drag from the Imco shorty or max shorty I'm not sure there is as much to gain as you normally would,Smitty

Too Old 01-17-2006 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
Fred I didn't know you sold Imco stuff.
Last time I saw you post on an Imco thread you had said " I would run any Merc drive before any Imco product."

Nothing's changed. I don't run IMCO parts.

Not to be confrontational... If you didn't, want to be confrontational, you would have emailed or called ;)
..... but was there a change of heart about their product?

No

Do you now endorse it since you are trying to put together a deal for some?

No I don't. I was contacted about helping find the best price. I didn't solicitate the business nor initiate the idea of a group buy.

I appriciate the fact that you are always trying to get everyone a good price and save us some bucks but I feel somewhat sceptical buying a product from some one who has basically said it wasn't worth owning.

As always, you're free to buy [or not] anywhere you please. I'm hopeful someone else steps up with the best pricing on IMCO so I'm not involved.

That should answers your questions. If not, I have a toll free number. Feel free to give me a call. :)

FOUNTAINATLAST 01-17-2006 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Have whoever is handling the group purchase give me a call. I haven't seen anything posted that I can't beat on a group purchase. ;)

Fred

This post sure sounds like your soliciting your services for a product you don't offer or recommend... :confused:

Too Old 01-17-2006 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
This post sure sounds like your soliciting your services for a product you don't offer or recommend... :confused:

Good gosh brother, buy from whoever you'd like.

But I tell ya what, I'll make it simple for you and your good buddy Don.

I won't participate in pricing or selling IMCO products.

US1 Fountain 01-17-2006 08:23 PM

Aren't some yr Bravo lowers not interchangeable with other yr Bravo uppers do to the oil passage?

FOUNTAINATLAST 01-17-2006 08:50 PM

Don from TPMarine???? What does he have to do with anything??? :rolleyes:
I did see that he posted a price on those lowers but I do believe he is an authorized Imco dealer.

Outdrive1 01-17-2006 09:01 PM

If you didn't, want to be confrontational, you would have emailed or called

Why would I email or call you? You posted on a public forum about your dislike for the product and you posted on a public forum that you can get the best price for a product you don't sell. It's nice to see that on any thread about anything for sale or any marine product you'll be the first vendor to mention your trinkets. Any post in the advertisers section has to be topped by a Fred post. The swap section also has to bombarded by your products even though it's not supposed to be for the vendors. Face it Fred, your a post whore extrodinare..... :rolleyes:

No I don't. I was contacted about helping find the best price. I didn't solicitate the business nor initiate the idea of a group buy.

I guess your post where you said
"Have whoever is handling the group purchase give me a call. I haven't seen anything posted that I can't beat on a group purchase.

Fred" ,
is you being contacted to get the "best" price. I was thinking about buying some milk later from the local grocery store, can you beat the price per gallon on that too? I know it's not one of the trinkets on your website but I figure you haven't made your quota today on sales and I would give you the oppertunity to beat the price.

As always, you're free to buy [or not] anywhere you please. I'm hopeful someone else steps up with the best pricing on IMCO so I'm not involved.

Thanks for letting me know I can spend my money where I like on products I like. It's good to know free-enterprise is still in play, even on OSO. I think someone offered the "best" price so far on Imco products.

I think I'll eat at Wendy's the rest of the week........... ;)

Too Old 01-17-2006 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
If you didn't, want to be confrontational, you would have emailed or called

Why would I email or call you? You posted on a public forum about your dislike for the product and you posted on a public forum that you can get the best price for a product you don't sell. It's nice to see that on any thread about anything for sale or any marine product you'll be the first vendor to mention your trinkets. Any post in the advertisers section has to be topped by a Fred post. The swap section also has to bombarded by your products even though it's not supposed to be for the vendors. Face it Fred, your a post whore extrodinare..... :rolleyes:

I guess your post where you said
"Have whoever is handling the group purchase give me a call. I haven't seen anything posted that I can't beat on a group purchase.

Fred" ,
is you being contacted to get the "best" price. I was thinking about buying some milk later from the local grocery store, can you beat the price per gallon on that too? I know it's not one of the trinkets on your website but I figure you haven't made your quota today on sales and I would give you the oppertunity to beat the price.

Thanks for letting me know I can spend my money where I like on products I like. It's good to know free-enterprise is still in play, even on OSO. I think someone offered the "best" price so far on Imco products.

I think I'll eat at Wendy's the rest of the week........... ;)

Thank's for proving my point on your intent to be confrontational. ;)

Enjoy lunch. :D

Harper220 01-17-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper220
If you use Bravo shop lower and go with 2" shortie and it's too high, think about how you will space back down? Are IMCO spacers compatible? I would think not, but don't quote me...

Just something else to think about, not to mention they're double the cost of the IMCO's.

To straighten out any confusion,the bravo shop lower case,max machine worx lower case,Imco lower case,sportmaster lower case and stock bravo case ALL bolt to the same exact upper bravo,bravo xr,bravo x etc so the same spacers will work on ANY of them.

I said not to quote me, but thanks for the info... :D