Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120414-imco-2-shorties-group-purchase-anyone-interested.html)

AIR TIME 01-17-2006 10:21 PM

Re: IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

WENDYS SUCKS B IG TIME UP HERE EVEN WHEN YOU TELL THEM TO ADD THE F&CKEN TOMATOES :mad: :mad: :mad: THEY STILL GET IT WRONG :rolleyes: , SATURDAY AT BK I SAID DO YOU HAVE A TOMATO SHORTAGE :D I WILL NEVER DO WENDY AGAIN :eek: I LIKE BLONDE'S BETTER :D OK AND IN THE BEGINNING OF THREAD I SAID I WOULD BRING FRED IN TOO THIS BECAUSE HE GAVE ME A GREAT PRICE ON THE 2" SHORTIE I BOUGHT FROM HIM LAST MONTH AND IT WAS JUST ONE SINGLE ONE ,SO FAR HE HAS BEATEN EVERYTHING I HAVE BOUGHT :D AND I SAID IF YOU HAVE A 88 BRAVO IT WON'T WORK GEN 1 OK I WILL STOP YELLING NOW.So if it's not to late and you guys get a total count then check with the companies that have posted .and the #5 and#6 drives have a long body :p so I would go with the long bodied drive less cavitation maybe? art

Quiet Storm 01-17-2006 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Quiet Storm -- Where do you live??

Alsip, IL (It's just south of Chicago)

Coming down for a visit :D

articfriends 01-18-2006 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Aren't some yr Bravo lowers not interchangeable with other yr Bravo uppers do to the oil passage?

Now that you mention it I remember hearing about real early bravo's that ARE different. My point was all the brands of these lowers offered out there fit all the bravos most of us are dealing with,they are not brand specific -ie-imco only fitting imco,etc,Smitty

carreraboat 01-18-2006 11:39 AM

I am mostly a lurker,but i have to chime in here. Why does fred at trick marine have to chime in on someone elses thread and start showing his ass. if wants to sell lower units then start your own thread. dont come in and start trying to undersell someone else if you think you have a better product at a better price then make a thread! It shows you have no loyality to any manufacture all you want to do is whore product i think alot of manufactures will wise up to your partices. I doesn,t take much of a bussiness man to give products away those who do dont last long. All of sudden you find your self with alot of friends and an empty bank account.Sorry for the rant but i see fred do this all the time on other threads if you have a good deal on a product, great dont wait for someone else to post a deal then you go in there and give the farm away.sell your self and products whores are fun for only so long then they get on your dam nerves no matter how good the snapper is!

PatriYacht 01-18-2006 11:51 AM

Strange post Carreraboat. I'm actually looking for -2 shorties and I am very interested in comparing prices. I was hoping more dealers would come on here and turn it into a bidding war. Maybe you have enough money you can afford to pay full price for everything. Not me. Thanks for the price info Fred.

carreraboat 01-18-2006 11:56 AM

Has nothing to do with money has to do with respect

Ms PatriYacht 01-18-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Harper220
I've been seriously considering purchasing two of these and have also noticed several others OSO'ers that are considering too.

I'm looking to buy 2 - 2" cases and 2 short vertical shafts and for the right price I might follow through.

I've found the best prices so far at CP Performance.

Fred can you get these? :D

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=2589

Carrerboat you might want to reread this first post that started the thread, pay close to the question "Fred can you get these" It's just a hunch on my part but I would venture to guess that is why Fred aka To Old aka Trick Marine chimed in. :rolleyes:

carreraboat 01-18-2006 12:03 PM

I understand what you are saying,towards the end of the thread just struck me the wrong way. just my opinon

Viper31 01-18-2006 12:13 PM

For those of us with transom mounted water pickups, are any of these lowers available without a water pickup?

Ms PatriYacht 01-18-2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by carreraboat
Has nothing to do with money has to do with respect

Yeah you are right the tone of the thread went sour, but I think Fred is not the one to bash.

I am a sales person and like most I don't love or endorse everthing I sell, sometimes I just get the customer what they want at the best price I can sell it to them for. That's all that Fred is doing and that's what he was asked to do, so why bash him for that (not you Carreraboat).

In hindsight these kinds of threads while well intended are not always a good idea. Often more than one member sells the same product and then they wind up being pitted against each other :( Perhaps a better way to handle it is for the interested sellers to contact the thread starter.