Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
IMCO 2" shorties group purchase?  Anyone interested? >

IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

Notices

IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

Old 01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Re: IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

Originally Posted by Viper31
Got any pics of your setup. I have block off plates on the inner transom assy. Always wondered what drawbacks there are with my kind of setup or if the water running thru the drive provides any cooling for it.
Don't have any pic's,
but I'll give you a breif description of what I did.

Drill and tap the l/h side of the drive where the
decal is ( to access the water passage), Install
elbow, used 3/8" aluminum tubing, formed it around
the upper case, drilled various small holes for discharge,
then dumped the rest on top of the drive.

I would imaging the water flowing thru it
provides cooling, especially at the upper
l/h side where it goes into the transom assy.

Another benefit, although small, is no drag
from bolt on drive shower pick ups.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK birdog playing devils advocate. if Fred is so great, wearing the red cape with a big S on his chest that single handedly saved the marine industry from corruption. why does he have to wait for someone to post a deal then beat it, if he was super Fred he would always give stuff away he would not even have to charge you for it
Old 01-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
I'll tell you this...Until Fred came along there were no deals out there. Fred has made an entire industry tighten up there pricing & stop gouging us.
amen to that!!!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carreraboat
OK birdog playing devils advocate. if Fred is so great, wearing the red cape with a big S on his chest that single handedly saved the marine industry from corruption. why does he have to wait for someone to post a deal then beat it, if he was super Fred he would always give stuff away he would not even have to charge you for it
I think it was already pointed out to you that fred was INVITED to this thread...Unlike at least one shady crook that posted his deal. I'm not saying Fred is "Superman" but you have to remember why he got into this in the begining....
HE WAS TIRED OF GETTING SCREWED.
I never saw sellers bidding against each other before he started..How can that not be good for us consumers ?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Registered

Re: IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

how can fred or anyone give you a price UNTIL THERE IS A #### OF UNITS TO GO TO THE MAIN SOURCE AND SAY I NEED X A MOUNT OF LOWERS TO THEN GET HIS PRICE TO GIVE YOU YOUR PRICES AND THIS COULD BE FOR STANDARD 1'' OR 2'' LOWER UNITS this thread is going now were fast its already Wednesday who wants what ! I can call all over the place thursday if it helps I am off .ps with the shortie shaft 2'' unit shipping paid $1860. for one unit art
Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by racinfever
Price is NOT everything ! WHat about support for your OSO vendors & poker run supporters ? The differance between the $deals quoted & dealers cost are to thin now, If a few dollars is going to break the deal you may not need them any way! somehow I think there is a MYTH that dealers make a marginal profit on this stuff. I would be curious to see how many would buy them anyway.

My problem is not so much with Fred and his prices, I've purchased products from Fred in the past and have been more than satisfied with Trick and his customer service. What I do take issue with is that I personally know the guys from Imco. I'll be at the Desert storm poker run with them again, staying in the same hotel, drinking at the same bar and having a good time with them. We may not be personal friends but they are good people with a good product IMO, but Fred has come on the board and said some pretty discouraging remarks about their product. He's erased his posts now but there are a few of us that read them and remember the things he said. I take offense to a vendor that comes on here and bashes a product but sees an opportunity to make a buck and all of a sudden he's willing to sell it. How does that work? He's not even an authorized dealer so who will you turn to for tech support or warranty issues?
As for being a lurker or someone who isn't interested in buying a lower, you got that all wrong.......If you look in the swap shop, although my add may have expired, I offered my 1.50 XR lower plus cash in trade for a Sportsmaster or a 1.36 XR, I've also contacted Mr. Gadgets about doing my drive, so this is a subject that I'm following closely. I may be interested in a Imco lower after all...........
Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

APACHE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Like I said fred gave me the best price on the 1 that I bought last month, now you need to add up how many you need a total and finish this up and lurkers just KEEP lurking SSHHHRR! PS YOU NEED A TOTAL # so the dealers can give you a group price THE END

How many people did you actaully call, or was it just Fred???
TPMarine posted 1799 plus 25 dollars shipping, thats cheaper then you paid for it from Trick (1860)...

Fred has gone a long way for our industry, but its unbelievable how many people don't call around for better pricing and say they do!!! I did my shopping and saved quite a few dollars more then if I would have bought it from Trick. Fred is not Superman & neither is anyone else, everyone has good prices some better then others on certain products...

Last edited by FOUNTAINATLAST; 01-18-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those of you who are still serious about buying, please PM me, as I have found the very best price thus far. I will simply let you know with who and then you can contact them on your own and then we can forget the whole group purchase BS.

If the BS continues, I will just pull the thread. This is ridiculous...

Last edited by Harper220; 01-18-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Harper220
Those of you who are still serious about buying, please PM me, as I have found the very best price thus far. I will simply let you know with who and then you can contact them on your own and then we can forget the whole group purchase BS.

If the BS continues, I will just pull the thread. This is ridiculous...
Sorry your right, its gotten way off track. The goal was for the best price I have been doing checking myself maybe we should compare notes...

Quick Reply: IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.