Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120414-imco-2-shorties-group-purchase-anyone-interested.html)

tpmarine.com 01-15-2006 11:05 AM

Re: IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

OK, I will throw my price in.

XTREME SC LOWER CASE ONLY(includes vertical shaft & bearing)

Satin Finish: $1,799.00

Black or Polish Finish: $1,999.00

$25 to ship anywhere in the U.S.

Don B.

blaniac 01-15-2006 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by tpmarine.com
OK, I will throw my price in.

XTREME SC LOWER CASE ONLY(includes vertical shaft & bearing)

Satin Finish: $1,799.00

Black or Polish Finish: $1,999.00

$25 to ship anywhere in the U.S.

Don B.

Don, stupid question #1

Do I just take the lower gears/guts from my Xr's and put them in the case ??

#2 I heard something about the polished versions sticking to the water, have you heard that ??

articfriends 01-15-2006 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I may be interested but before committing I'm going to call Max worx as their billet lower is supposed to have a double lower vert shaft bearing that helps to eliminate shaft/gear flex and failure. I have a feeling though they are probably another grand more,I'm a dealer for them though and planned on getting something by spring so I'll call tomorrow and find out the price and post,Smitty

Too Old 01-15-2006 11:31 AM

Have whoever is handling the group purchase give me a call. I haven't seen anything posted that I can't beat on a group purchase. ;)

Fred

blaniac 01-15-2006 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Have whoever is handling the group purchase give me a call. I haven't seen anything posted that I can't beat on a group purchase. ;)

Fred

Fred

can you answer my questions on post 12 above ??

tpmarine.com 01-15-2006 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by blaniac
Don, stupid question #1

Do I just take the lower gears/guts from my Xr's and put them in the case ??

#2 I heard something about the polished versions sticking to the water, have you heard that ??

That is correct.

I have not heard that about the polished version, has anyone else?

tpmarine.com 01-15-2006 11:43 AM

No need for a group purchase, this is my everyday advertised price so if you are ready to buy you can go to:

http://www.tpmarine.com/index.asp?Pa...OD&ProdID=1166

Make sure that you enter the coupon code to receive the $1,799 price. BTW, shipping should be calculated at no more than $25 anywhere in the U.S., but if it is more for any reason I will adjust the price before I charge your credit card.

You can specify length and finish preference on the order page.

Too Old 01-15-2006 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by blaniac
Fred

can you answer my questions on post 12 above ??

Don's answered most of your questions.

Polished lowers have been discussed several times over the years here on OSO. The consensus has been that the polished lower is in fact stickier and the satin most likely the fastest.

I've never seen any empirical data to support that but judging by past discussions, imagine it's true.

I've also seen some spots of discoloration on the polished IMCO lowers. Places where the polished metal has a slightly lighter or darker shade to it. I'm told these are areas where metal has been added after the initial casting process to address perocity issues. That's another reason I don't care for the polished version.

Call if we can hook you up with 1 or 100 lowers at the BEST pricing ;)

Harper220 01-15-2006 12:22 PM

These will be going on my 28 TD Daytona with no boxes and current prop shafts @ 1/2 to 1" above lowest point on sponsons. Does anyone know if I would have planing issues by going up 2" from my current location if I'm all ready running Hydro P5X's (5 blades). I really don't want to add a tunnel tab.

Quiet Storm 01-15-2006 02:01 PM

I may be interested in a pair.