Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120414-imco-2-shorties-group-purchase-anyone-interested.html)

Quiet Storm 01-17-2006 12:33 PM

Re: IMCO 2" shorties group purchase? Anyone interested?

Originally Posted by TRICK
Not to confuse things any further..... :D

But I think Rob has brought a heck of an alternative to the discussion.

Crescent Lower

The Bravo Shop’s crescent-shaped lower is used for the BMax but it can also be used to replace the standard bravo lower. In production testing the crescent lower produced an average increase of 3 mph over the competitor’s housings in both Vee and Catamaran hull applications. It is cast, impregnated, and machined in the same manner as all the other BMax housing components. The crescent lower is available in standard length and 2" shorter version. It can be purchased by itself or with internal components

Now I'm totally confused :confused:

It would be great if the suppliers had a pair of loaners for us to try before making the purchase. I would like to know just how much of a difference they would make to my boat before putting out the cash and time.

JaayTeee 01-17-2006 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
thats what I'm thinking.

I think I'm leaning this way too.

Anybody notice that it has a full cavitation
plate, instead of a bolt on splash plate ?

Strip Poker 388 01-17-2006 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by blaniac
Can you inquire to see if the Bravo Shop will do polished ??

He want .I asked.They said it wouldn't be hard to though.

Just think of the SQ inches the Max Machine over the B-Max foot :eek:

Marginmn didn't you go to the shorter foot?

Rob

Harper220 01-17-2006 01:07 PM

If you use Bravo shop lower and go with 2" shortie and it's too high, think about how you will space back down? Are IMCO spacers compatible? I would think not, but don't quote me...

Just something else to think about, not to mention they're double the cost of the IMCO's.

Ran-Dom 32 01-17-2006 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
If you use Bravo shop lower and go with 2" shortie and it's too high, think about how you will space back down? Are IMCO spacers compatible? I would think not, but don't quote me...

Just something else to think about, not to mention they're double the cost of the IMCO's.

I think your referring to Max Machine not Bravo Shop lowers -which can be had for under 1700 each - the only issue is you need to provide the shorter vert. shaft as he DOES NOT include it with his cases.

Madcow 01-17-2006 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn
And as for how did the polished finish look? It looks fregging awesome.

But can you even see it in the water? How much time do you spend on the trailer?

Marginmn 01-17-2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Madcow
But can you even see it in the water? How much time do you spend on the trailer?

During the season my boat stays on a covered lift at the Marina. But I didnt' buy them because they look good, the standard length Sportmasters I had on there looked good. I bought them in the hope that they were faster, and they were. But they do look fregging awesome.

Strip Poker 388 01-17-2006 05:58 PM

They make spacers,and He makes different couplers lengths also.

Fred did ya get a price on the Bravo shops lowers yet?????

Rob

Too Old 01-17-2006 06:20 PM

IMCO isn't the only company manufacturing spacers. Just an FYI. :D

Too Old 01-17-2006 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
They make spacers,and He makes different couplers lengths also.

Fred did ya get a price on the Bravo shops lowers yet?????

Rob

I spoke with Dean at the Bravo Shop this afternoon, but have not received pricing yet.

I sure like the product. ;)