Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big water today!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120537-big-water-today.html)

Audiofn 01-16-2006 12:35 PM

Re: Big water today!!

PS don't forget to send those pictures :drink: :drink:

thisistank 01-16-2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Tank I remember those pictures that you guys had from being out on Norts boat from like 3 or three years ago :eek: :eek:

I was trying to find those pics for the rough water thread a while back. Nort has them though.

I will send off the pics. I had some techincal issues last night with the computer.
:rolleyes:

PhantomChaos 01-16-2006 12:58 PM

This snotty day? :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

http://www.vxi.cc/phantomchaos/images/DSC00343.jpg
http://www.vxi.cc/phantomchaos/images/DSC00339.jpg

thisistank 01-16-2006 01:18 PM

That's the day!! That's the day Formula impressed me!! :cool:

chrisf 01-16-2006 02:38 PM

Phantom Caos,

What platform is that?

Is that the one 5 miles Southwest on the way to Anacapa, or another platform farther in to the channel towards SB?

The first day I bought my boat (Bayliner), took it out of Channel Islands and had wwather that was like these pictures. Didn't matter though, just did my loops around on the West side of the breakwater.

I hope to get my offshore by next December (hoepfully a lot sooner), so count me in on the run.

Baja Fresh,

Any problems with the new Outlaw 25. Are you still happy with it? Knowing what you know now, would you have done anything differently?

Chris

PhantomChaos 01-16-2006 04:21 PM

Chris

It's somewhere between CI and Santa Barbara.....this was on the way back from SB.

BajaFresh 01-18-2006 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Al....you didn't get sick in water like that. There was barely any swells out that day you got tossed your cookies! :D :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

Ouch! thanks for bringing THAt up, Norty! :eek: :D

BajaFresh 01-18-2006 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=chrisf
Baja Fresh,

Any problems with the new Outlaw 25. Are you still happy with it? Knowing what you know now, would you have done anything differently?

Chris[/QUOTE]

Chris, no problems with the Outlaw, what so ever. I am very happy with the boat other than not having enough time to use it. Oh, and the fact that are NO FRIGGING WAVES on Lake Mead! :mad:

Would I do it again? YES! I was actually looking at my purchase paperwork and am still amazed at the price I got it for. A brand new boat cheaper than 1 to 2 year old used ones are selling for.

chrisf 01-18-2006 12:01 PM

Baja Fresh,

I will be at the show at the end of this month. I have already talked to Travis at Hahm, trying to get me into a new 232 Islander (not interested).

Which models from Hahm were at the show for sale?

Did you trade your old boat into them? Do they do trade-ins?

I know not at the show, but did Hahm have a stock of used Bajas?

Without giving $ amounts, what kind of deal are we talking about. If you took your boat at MSRP and added all of the options you have, what % was off total retail?

I am a saleman by profession. Should I haggle until I could get what I want, or are they going to kick me out of the booth after awhile; meaning are they arrogant or are they deal closers.

Best day to go?

Thanks for all the advise!

Chris

BajaFresh 01-18-2006 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by chrisf
Baja Fresh,

I will be at the show at the end of this month. I have already talked to Travis at Hahm, trying to get me into a new 232 Islander (not interested).

Which models from Hahm were at the show for sale?

Did you trade your old boat into them? Do they do trade-ins?

I know not at the show, but did Hahm have a stock of used Bajas?

Without giving $ amounts, what kind of deal are we talking about. If you took your boat at MSRP and added all of the options you have, what % was off total retail?

I am a saleman by profession. Should I haggle until I could get what I want, or are they going to kick me out of the booth after awhile; meaning are they arrogant or are they deal closers.

Best day to go?

Thanks for all the advise!

Chris

Chris,

I'm not particularly fond of the Islander series.

Hamn had my 25, a 30 Outlaw and a 20 outlaw at the Long Beach show. I don't recall if they had any others, maybe Sea Ray or something. They may have more at the LA show.

I don't know if they do trade ins. I had a 28 Cigarette that I sold privately.

I have no idea about their used inventory.

I'm not sure what MSRP was on my boat. They don't show them on the Baja website and boats don't have window stickers like cars. I believe a 2005 25 Outlaw SST with 496 HO and Bravo X drive, loaded with options and Zeiman trailer would MSRP out at something ridiculous like $90K ? But nobody sells at MSRP. Anyway, based on that my discount was around 30%. I do know they had my boat on the lot for a while. I imagine it was floor planned and they wanted to move it.

They were deffinately deal closers for me. I delt with Travis. A young kid but was very open and took all my lowball offers to his manager. Everyone I delt with there was very friendly with absolutely no attitude. After we did the deal at the show I asked Travis to put the cockpit cover on my boat and put a sold sign on it so no one would go on it and mess anything up. They all got a kick out of that and thought it was great that I was going to be that particular and fussy about the boat. the whole buying experience was great and I highly recommend them.

I'd go to the show (I'm assuming you're talking about the LA show) early mid-week just to look around and see all the other boats and also what Hamn has there. Then go back on Sunday, the last day and wait till the end of the day and start dealing hard. Dealers spend a ton of money and time to attend a show and it's alot of work. They want to make a show worth while so they'll deal.

-Al