Notices

New Powerboat Mag

Old 01-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post New Powerboat Mag

Just got the February edition and they published Too Old's letter about the SMC. Way to go Fred! Also a letter from Tank from OSO was published. And on page 22 a reply from the editor that was much better than the last one. This time no hiding behind religous bs and shifting the blame. They admitted their mistake and that was great.

OSO is a powerful forum! Kind of scary isnt it? No its just great!

Ron
Old 01-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Way to go, guys!
That's awesome!
Old 01-16-2002, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of the "Mailbag" was OSO. DaveP, FWK and Catmando were there too.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Good Issue...
Old 01-16-2002, 01:19 PM
HydroScream

Cool! good job guys!

Old 01-16-2002, 01:42 PM
GRH

Anyone notice in that issue the "thanks" section to the long standing subscribers? I didn't see any of the names of the authors of the letters of protest on any of the lists... I wonder what that means... How long have these people been supporting Powerboat Mag. or powerboating in general....or were some of them just looking to complain.... just an observation.... more importantly was the jist of the editors response... if OSO members are truly concerned with the STM fanatics.... why don't we do something like the editor suggested to help our southern boat bretheren with thier fight? Such as forming a Save the Pleasureboaters non-profit organization.... solicit contributions... and hire a capable Liar(i mean Lawyer) to lobby against the STM clubs agenda/proposals... Fight back against the culpret as hard as OSO members fought PB Mag's mistake and maybe some good could come from this... Wouldn't it be worth $10, $20 or $50 a year to be a member of such an organization? After all, it may be my backyard the want to save from me next....

Old 01-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

When I got home my Powerboat was on kitchen table. I was told by a friend that he had just gotten his. Since my mailman reads mine I usally get mine 3-4 days later. In going tru mag I saw my name in the 20+ year subscrber section. Blew me away. I could not believe it has been over 20 years I have been reading that mag. I guess I need to change my name to OldTurbo.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

GRH
You must have been posting will I was in the posting screen.

The idea of that would be great. I am also into RV's & there are about 2 or 3 organizations that look out for RVer's. When the Goverment goes after the RVers the GoodSam Club or FCMA has PAC's that fight back & they win most or all of the battles.

Now, who has the time to set this up & get it started?
Old 01-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Guys,
Please go to www.cfwbrevard.org and see what we are trying to accomplish here in Fl.
I will be attending the meeting tonight.
I replied back to a private e-mail from Craig Cleaver, (OSO Name "Cleaver"), the PB circulation manager, volenteering my time, knowledge, contacts, data and research that we, (CFW) have conducted to support and "Boaters Rights" side of the story to PB that Craig stated that PB was thinking about doing?
I don't know if Craig ever forwarded that offer to the powers to be @ Powerboat, but if PB wants to TRULY help us Fl. Powerboaters and the MANATEE @ the same time, PB should be calling!!
We are the ONLY ones fighting this battle in court!
I have the same old saying for the people @ PB, "It's time to put up, or shut up"! I really wish they could see the injustice they did us Fl. Powerboaters with this STM club ad crap!!
And please remember, CFW is NOT ANTI-MANATEE, we are ANTI-STM Club and all the other ECO-Radical groups out there HELL bent on furthering their own POLICICAL AGENDA!!
Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
MD
Old 01-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Registered

What's up Dean? I can't wait to read this edition of PB and see what they have to say. I am suprised that I have not heard from Craig myself seeing how he called me to ask that I stop with all the posts. Good luck at tonights meeting. And thanks again for that present!

Shane

Quick Reply: New Powerboat Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.