Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj >

check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Notices

check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Old 01-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in

ive left messages on you phone called several times and pm'ed you. i have the moving of the boat to fl covered please call me and give me your address so i can get you your cash. im sitting by the phone, and i'll try you again right now ok
Old 01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

hey look i am new to boating and all about anything that is fast. I am from delaware and southern new jersey area. I was out this past summer and seen this boat run. Your original post to bring a boat down from nj caught my eye and i seen that it was the boat that blew past my buddys boat and had to have it. Look i am not trying to start trouble I guess i will look for another boat. Good luck to you if you guys come to an agreement.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in

Didn't mean to start anything, if it was my comment that started anything.
Ratman is a straight -up dude.

I was only pointing out something I noticed in the photo to a "freind of mine", and wanted to make sure he didn't overlook it ( in regards to the trailer axle). Sometimes people can get pretty jacked up about buying a new toy, and miss a problem with the accessories.
Would hate to see anything go wrong hauling that 1400 Miles, both for Phil, and whoever he has haul it. Just wanted to make sure it was checked out before it's hauled.

Hope you guys get this settled tonight and hope your new toy is on the way Phil.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered

tsub, no problem but the seller and i were in agreement last night when we spoke then i stated this thred to get the boat to me and 1 fast toy starts saying no its still for sale etc. he did ask for a deposit when i was on the phone we were going to work out arrangements for him to send me the documentation cod via ups or fedex then the next thing i know tha deals not done and it looks like hes trying to get more than he agrred to last night. he won't return my calls now nor answer my pm's...looks like he might not do the right thing, but im gonna sit but the phone awhile longer rebuilding my eggbeater watching offshore racing. i'll let his conceince be his guide. ratman
Old 01-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Hope you guys get this settled tonight and hope your new toy is on the way Phil.
be trying ot get in touch withthe seller bh but no dice... maybe he's too attached to it, he referred to her as his baby i looking at lil 18 foot donzi thats a few hour drive away and it never had floor or stringer replacement, i can build a 383 or a 406 in no time ive built several already. so we'll see what happens
Old 01-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
be trying ot get in touch withthe seller bh but no dice... maybe he's too attached to it, he referred to her as his baby i looking at lil 18 foot donzi thats a few hour drive away and it never had floor or stringer replacement, i can build a 383 or a 406 in no time ive built several already. so we'll see what happens
The Hammond had new stringers put in it???? Did you have it looked over (inspected) maybe its a good thing the seller is not returning your call, Donzi sounds better...
Old 01-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Registered

no answer ....again. look if you dont want to sell it to me for the amount i offered tell me. but that was my highest and best offer, as i said last night. i also told you that i would make arangement to get it to fla when you told me what your buddy wanted to charge to haul it. thats why i started this thread to see if another oso could drag it down on his way to the miami boat show, but haulintrash just bought a boat in miami and offer to lend a hand, as most of the great people here try to do for each other, thats one of the great things about this site people watch out for each and aid each other in our pursuit of the sport we love which is everyone on oso's common ground. at this juncture all you need to do to consumate our agreement is to call me so i can get your address. if you have changed your mind or want to hold out for a few more bucks tell me k=now and i'll by something else. simple enough isn't it. but to come on the thread i started saying hey its still for sale ect to try and bump the price isn't kosher and whos the new poster this evening suddenly showing interest in your boat that languished for sale for quite some time in th oso classifieds?
btw tsub it seems strange you live in the same area as the seller and happen to join oso and submit your first post about this boat! do you and chris aka 1 fast toy have the same ip address? or are you listed in each others cell phones? chris, your friend that told me all about the boat before i even spoke to to you or made you my offer told you what i was gonna offer so you really had 2 days to think it over before we spoke the second time and you agreed to it, so whats up dude? my phone lines are open 24/7
Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

fountainlast, the guy that owns it is a marine tech he said it was professionally done an he seemed kowledgable but he not returning calls looks like hes renigging on our deal, so im gonna make an offer on a donzi 9 years older that solid with no rot or hull surgery. i know 70's donzi are a rock solid ride and probably better build quality to boot but ive always heard good things anbout thehammond challegers but if they were so well made why did this one need floors and stringers? maybe im better off walking away from this deal the pics were not very clear and i realy haven't had an unbiased opinion on the boat thte guy that looked at it for me knew the seller and could even be in cahoots with him. the guy with the donzi is a totally stand up guy that knows all the heavy hitters and i can take his word as gospel... the seller is from jersey so maybe it a regional thing.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Registered

Default Re: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

look man i know what your saying all this looks fishy, really the story I told you is the truth. If I knew the guy or even knew that the boat was for sale I wouldnt be playing around on here, I would have gone directly to him. The boat is only 20 miles away from where I live. I am not trying to buy the boat out from under you trust me. I got plenty of time to find a boat its only 30 degrees here. Matter of fact I am glad I only got a trial subscrption to offshore because I dont need this crap. AND I APPOLOGIZE for stepping in. Do what you gotta do.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Registered

i am heading down saturday where in NJ are you
you would need a place to keep it till the show

Quick Reply: check out my new boat, who wants to tow it to the miami boat show for me? its in nj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.