Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need help with a lower out of Chicago area (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120639-need-help-lower-out-chicago-area.html)

t500hps 01-16-2006 10:35 PM

Need help with a lower out of Chicago area

I just won a Bravo lower on ebay that is listed in Chicago? I may need help getting it packed on a skid for shipping. I have an account with several LTL carriers, I just need someone to have it ready at a dock if possible.....
Thanks,
Russ C.

docmanrich37 01-17-2006 05:42 AM

Re: Need help with a lower out of Chicago area

Originally Posted by t500hps
I just won a Bravo lower on ebay that is listed in Chicago? I may need help getting it packed on a skid for shipping. I have an account with several LTL carriers, I just need someone to have it ready at a dock if possible.....
Thanks,
Russ C.

ROAD TRIP. :drink:

gsmith9898 01-17-2006 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
Thanks,
Russ C.

Was it the xr with the imco lower?

t500hps 01-17-2006 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Was it the xr with the imco lower?

No....I regular Bravo (Lower only) that supposedly was a take off for a Sportmaster lower. Waiting for seller to send me his address/ confirm shipping method.

Wally 01-17-2006 08:04 AM

I have shipped a lower via UPS before with no problems.....i can have it packed here at my work in a box with expanding foam..... or if you realy want to go the truck route theres no problem with that either...let me know.

847 - 420 - 3244 cell :D

BZ 01-17-2006 07:55 PM

if it is on the south side of Chi-Town let me know I might be able to help as well....BZ

RedDog382 01-17-2006 09:15 PM

You can ship a lower UPS, but make sure it is packed well. These OOPS apes drop EVERYTHING just to hear it crunch!

They WILL NOT cover it either, after an investigation will ALWAYS say "it's not our fault ... it was not packed correctly".

They broke an original 1967 bolt-on corvette rim @ $1500 being shipped to me a few years ago. There are not very many of these left in the world. :mad:

klaw 01-17-2006 09:24 PM

I can also be of help let me know if you need any

t500hps 01-17-2006 09:25 PM

Thanks for the offers guys. I am still waiting for the seller to contact me with an address. I prefer skid packed because I have a corporate account with several LTL carriers and have some "pull" because of those relationships. More to come when I find out more info....

Wally 01-18-2006 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
You can ship a lower UPS, but make sure it is packed well. These OOPS apes drop EVERYTHING just to hear it crunch!

They WILL NOT cover it either, after an investigation will ALWAYS say "it's not our fault ... it was not packed correctly".

Yup....the company i work for spent a total of about $80k between the two foam packing machines and the R&D to figure out the best way to ship our pumps to the customers.......UPS was giving us a bunch of crap about our packing materials and containers.......so we asked a company to work with UPS to figure out a way for this to work. We can now ship our pumps and UPS can drop them from 25' up and no damage will occur! :D And believe me....we have had some of our vendors send us pictures before they open the box just to prove to us that the box is as mangled as they say it is.....and so far in the past 6 years that we have used this system we have had maybe only a handful of broken parts....