Notices

Knockmeter.....

Old 02-03-2002, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Knockmeter.....

Anybody use these things....are they worth the investment......how accurate are they???? I see Gaffrig just came out with one.....any feedback on it.......
Old 02-03-2002, 08:41 AM
GOT MERC?

Wink

If you are running very high strung engines.Especially supercharged with either conventional or Pro Charger. The are a must they sense internal mechanical noises before it becomes catastrophic. They are worth the investment.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:47 AM
DanL

they pick up the knocking and retard the spark just enough to stop the knocking. A noisy valve can set it off though.

Old 02-03-2002, 09:13 AM
Registered

Sooo....Mike.....would you recommend them for my boat....SC Hawk 550's??? Dan L do you use them on any of your Apache's???
Old 02-03-2002, 11:08 AM
GOT MERC?

Wink

The answer to your question is yes, give me a call and I will give you the OSO discount on them! The system that Gaffrig sells does not retard the timing it is only an gauge and sensor system.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Rich,
Whats up with the boat?
Old 02-03-2002, 11:41 AM
boater31

Goodfella: where would these mount? what brand do you carry and how will they interact w/ my msd boxes to retard timing? i have 496's w/ blowers and think i would like a pair and now would be a good time as i am redoing the dash. got any specials on gaffrigs???

Old 02-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

Hi Marvin........the steering is in......called B&M about the blowers...they recieved them over a week ago and said that they would not even start on them until this coming thursday....he did say that the couplers on both of them were bad and that the port side was worse than the starboard, which I kind of suspected.....he also said that he thought at one time or another a washer or something must have gone thru the starboard side but thought it would polish up ok.....so I am hoping to get them back around the 12th......I hope.......
Old 02-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Intolerant1

I assumed knock sensors were standard issue on Merc motors. I have a 93 OMC King Cobra 454 carb'd that has it from the factory.

Old 02-03-2002, 04:34 PM
DanL

run 'em on the race boat.