Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who owns Ilmor 625s and can give feedback? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120800-who-owns-ilmor-625s-can-give-feedback.html)

Harper220 01-19-2006 09:23 AM

Re: Who owns Ilmor 625s and can give feedback?

Originally Posted by salesmanship
We have mufflers on them. You really don't hear much in the cockpit. I haven't had a chance to be behind it at speed.

$40+ grand an engine and mufflers... why? :rolleyes:

salesmanship 01-19-2006 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Harper220
$40+ grand an engine and mufflers... why? :rolleyes:

Guess you haven't had the pleasure of a little face time with the Missouri Water Patrol. :rolleyes:

Harper220 01-19-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Guess you haven't had the pleasure of a little face time with the Missouri Water Patrol. :rolleyes:

You're right about LOTO, but I see your in Cape Coral, FL? Surely there's no noise ordinance in FL is there?

Downtown42 01-19-2006 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Next time trying slipping them a fifty! :eek: :p

:D :D

Sean H 01-19-2006 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Harper220
You're right about LOTO, but I see your in Cape Coral, FL? Surely there's no noise ordinance in FL is there?

he builds and sells the boats, so he has to build them for the area they are going too... :D :drink:

terry, the mo water patrol doesn't bother anybody... :D

salesmanship 01-19-2006 10:10 AM

The boat resides in Burnt Store Marina. Major league blowboater and trawler crowd. He needs to keep it down.
However here in Lee County they are cracking down on the noise too.
Let's face it. We may like it loud but we'll be extinct if we don't start doing something about it.

pappo 01-19-2006 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Someone was telling me that they are inconsistent with their power when the temp and humidity changes. Have you heard this?

With all engines you should see a fluctuation in power when the temp and humidity change. Cooler air is more dense than warmer air. Therefore, your engine will create more power and work more efficiently at lower temperatures than higher temperatures. Super chargers, turbo chargers and intercoolers work off these principles. Superchargers compress the air and make the air more dense and increase the energy released per volume during combustion. Intercoolers help this process by cooling the air that is introduced to the engines as cooler air is more dense than warmer air.

Cat man do 01-19-2006 01:54 PM

MY ONLY CONCERN IS RESALE! WHERE WILL IT BE IN 2 YEARS? BOTH ARE GREAT BUT I WOULD OPT FOR MERCS :drink:

Sean H 01-19-2006 01:55 PM

the v-10's don't sound right to me, not a v-8 or v-12... kinda like a hopped up UPS truck or something, great engines though, just not real fond of the sound...

Sonny Spectre 30 01-19-2006 05:53 PM

Who made the 2 into one tail pipes on the center engine?