Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   High-Performance Boat Insurance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120837-high-performance-boat-insurance.html)

Clay Washington 01-19-2006 08:38 PM

Re: High-Performance Boat Insurance

Originally Posted by Steve_H
im curious why state farm said no? i got a quote 6 months ago from my State Farm agent for another Bullet w/500 hps for $840.00/year.

I don't know. The boat is currently insured with State Farm in Michigan. I gave the current policy number to my agent, they called regional, and regional said "no".

I'll give my money to someone else. :rolleyes:

ratman 01-19-2006 08:40 PM

yeah i have a set being built, im trying to sell my pair of #3's complete and get the 3a transum assms when i get the drives. i would have to take my ta's off to paint em to match the drives anyway so might as well get the bigger ta assms even tho the #3 ta's will work. im looking for a deal on a pair of 4 blade props 16.5 x30 or 31 pitch for the 3a, 5 or 6 shaft size. let m eknow if you know anyone with some props they want to sell reasonably. thx, ratman

GLH 01-19-2006 08:42 PM

Sy.

Get your rotary phone out however...cause he's old.

ratman 01-19-2006 08:43 PM

clay do you have a pics of nakid babes on the boat from the sea trail

GLH 01-19-2006 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by h20 toie
i have progressive for my 35' cig, it was not a problem

I had Progressive with my Cafe... when I got the Tiger they said no boats over 70 MPH... And lying on an insurance polisy is a no no...

Clay Washington 01-19-2006 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by h20 toie
i have progressive for my 35' cig, it was not a problem

I called progressive, and they said "no". Maybe they all think that Texans are crazy! :evilb:

Steve_H 01-19-2006 08:50 PM

for what its worth, you WILL get better coverage with Sy or Bob at Worldwide. its just going to cost more. i had a 93' 28 apache with worldwide. 1300+/yr. never had a claim in my life :rolleyes:

congrats on the bullet :cool: :cool: :cool:

onesickpantera 01-19-2006 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
I called progressive, and they said "no". Maybe they all think that Texans are crazy! :evilb:

Clay, are you telling them 1000hp or 940? 1000 may be the cut off point for some companies and technically the motors are 470 hp each.

rainmn 01-19-2006 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington

It definitely varies by state. A few years back I was trying to get a quote on a Fountain, and posted a thread just like this one. Probably got a dozen or more recommendations, and called every one. Several of them said that they would insure a performance boat, just not in New Jersey.

bojoe2 01-19-2006 09:57 PM

sy just wrote my boat he be the man