Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sl 44 Aluminum Proto Type(pics ) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120929-sl-44-aluminum-proto-type-pics.html)

Scott B 03-14-2006 08:59 PM

Re: Sl 44 Aluminum Proto Type(pics )

OK, theres gotta be a "droolie" emoticon here somewhere.....

2112 03-15-2006 12:26 AM

Love the proportions of the deck length to overall length.

Since this is a "from scratch" build, How do you determine where the CG needs to be?

dreamer 03-15-2006 12:33 AM

.. without being a naval architect/ engineer isnt the design all guess work? steps strakes chines CG notch x demension etc

will see when it runs... good luck :cool:

Buddy OO 03-15-2006 08:01 AM

I think Rockit should be commended on his efforts, new design, new material, new concept, and I think its all original and does'nt look like anything else out there, Most builders copy each other anyway, everyone copies Nortech it seems. Good job guys boat looks awesome, I'm sure it will perorm well, does'nt look like it will accept staggered setup.

dreamer 03-15-2006 09:44 AM

im sure it will accept the stagger... remember measure twice cut once... i dont think they came this far without that detail figured out... if not then i would really start worrying about strakes chines x dem CG and steps :eek:

rockit man 03-15-2006 09:57 AM

Not to worry there is enough room in the eng compartment for the stager and a bunk to sleep !!!! the motors were mocked in before we got very far. The steps are the same as we have been using since 1999 on the white water race boats . the C/G is easy we use 25% of the length or in this case the c/g is at the first step that way we will have even presure at the two large steps and the transome when running fast. The X dim is easy with Arneson drives which have been used on these big V's for a long time. The bare hull weighed in at 3900 lbs and the trailer at 2980 lbs so far. Hope to keep it under 8000 lbs.I can ajust ballance once it is all ready as I want a perfit ballance. Should be on the water very soon and we will know if any tweeking is needed. Thanks Wayne

BAJA WILL 03-15-2006 10:39 AM

OK I have often wondered why a mfg has not built a power boat out of AL, I am amazed that you have created such a work of art. How long is the boat 38-42' is what I am guessing, anyway 3900lbs thats impressive, I am very anxious to see how this bad boy runs.

WILL :drink:

dreamer 03-15-2006 10:59 AM

what r the mills gonna be again? dont feel like reading the thread again

Ironmanwb 04-05-2006 01:52 PM

Whats going on with this? I have not put any responses in yet but it looks great. How does it run?

I applaude your efforts, I have a 20 ft CC that is built by pacific boats (pacificboats.com), not a race boat but it is built like a brick sh!t house and trust me it will not flex. This is not your average aluminum boat you have to see and ride in one to believe how solid they are.

Sorry for butting in but I can't wait to see the numbers you put up.

My 20 CC that weighs 2200lbs dry runs 42 mph with a 115 hp eggbeater I can't imagine what yours will run with some big boys and arene's

2112 04-05-2006 10:37 PM

I am trying to follow this story too.

I am also interested in corrosion control, what did you do?

Weight, Did you already answer this? Which type of alloy did you use 6061?