Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you expect to Pay $$$ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121046-what-would-you-expect-pay-%24%24%24.html)

rockit man 01-22-2006 03:23 PM

What would you expect to Pay $$$

For a 44 foot ( Real 42 ft hull ) offshore pokerrun boat that would run 110+mph all day long in most any water conditions and not break down.Trying to get a feel for a fair price price that one would pay for one. I know what Fountain,Outerlimits,Cig,Donzi all are priced at and I just can't seem to justify the pricing especially now that we have almost completed the SL44 and know what it cost's to build one out of aluminum anyway and I would think it would cost less in fiberglass .Yes it cost's a lot to build a large twin engine boat but what I am seeing at the boats shows is crazy !!!!! These guys must be getting RICH !!!!! Ya ! we would like to get those kind of prices but comeon!!!!! We will be new on the block so I know we have to offer some good pricing . I want to be able to keep our base pricing under$ 300,000.00 for a 120+mph boat and maybe $ 250,000. for just a 100+mph boat.
Of course all the testing is not complete so will have to wait a little while but I do expect to be able to make those speeds and pricing. Any thoughts would be of great value.

Thanks Wayne

CAP071 01-22-2006 03:43 PM

Re: What would you expect to Pay $$$

investing and boating are 2 words that can't be in the same sentence

Semper Fi 01-22-2006 03:57 PM

Wayne,
It's really hard to say. The boat you have been building looks great! BUT, it doesn't have a history, or any history to base a price or reliability factor on.

rockit man 01-22-2006 07:03 PM

I agree there is no history on this boat and that boats would be the last place to invest. While my son in law has a great history building the River Wild Boats and is very sucessfull these new boats are a different story. Guess I shouldn't be so excited about this new boat its just comming along so well I can't help it !!!!!.Thanks forall the good feeback everyone .How it performs
will goe long way in determining its marketability.

Thanks Wayne

375stinger 01-22-2006 07:23 PM

do companies have higher insurance they pay the faster their boat they make goes?

Harper220 01-22-2006 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 375stinger
do companies have higher insurance they pay the faster their boat they make goes?

What? :confused: :D

Say that real fast five times... :D

ChiToWn TapouT 01-22-2006 07:52 PM

If results from testing are on the upside I say LOW BALL
everybody :D Im sure you would have plenty of
orders from OSO'ers looking for an "AFFORDABLE" boat
that puts up serious numbers and that can give the big
players a run for the money.

So all (buying) eyes on you.

I personally would love to see a "32' SL Rockit" w/500's,525's,575's etc.
w/ B-Max or ASD bravo conversions. :D

Ill take my "32 SL Rockit" w/ these mils please :evilb:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8139.html

Good luck to you guys. :cool:

Jassman 01-22-2006 07:56 PM

Great project, love it. Keep up the great work. Enthusiasm is what will motivate you guys.... I know off the topic, do you guys make fishing vessels. I started another thread today on aluminum closed fishing vessels, thanks jeff

rockit man 01-22-2006 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
Great project, love it. Keep up the great work. Enthusiasm is what will motivate you guys.... I know off the topic, do you guys make fishing vessels. I started another thread today on aluminum closed fishing vessels, thanks jeff

Yes we do,check us out at riverwildboats.com
Have hundreds out there from tour boats to charter fishing boats,driftboats and a lot of white water race boats,ski boats.Sending a lot of cabin boats to Alaska now also.

rockit man 01-22-2006 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ChiToWn TapouT
If results from testing are on the
upside I say LOW BALL
everybody :D Im sure you would have plenty of
orders from OSO'ers looking for an "AFFORDABLE" boat
that puts up serious numbers and that can give the big
players a run for the money.

So all (buying) eyes on you.

I personally would love to see a "32' SL Rockit" w/500's,525's,575's etc.
w/ B-Max or ASD bravo conversions. :D

Ill take my "32 SL Rockit" w/ these mils please :evilb:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8139.html

Good luck to you guys. :cool:

We have a 32 designed now and our research at this time says 100 + mph with twin 500hp. But of course that has not been proven yet. The motors you linked two look good but I could offer the same HP motors with single carbs and a warrenty without having to maintain a blower. Wouldn't it be nice to show your INS company a pair of single carbs instead of a blower and run on pump gas.I here B-Max has a drive out that will handle 950hp with a warrenty I have contacted them about there drives. I want to sell a boat that you can run year after year and not be breaking down and have the speed and performance ,I know why would I build something that will last oh! what was I thinking !!!!!