Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stereo Systems in your boats!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121183-stereo-systems-your-boats.html)

JasonSmith 01-26-2006 09:21 AM

Re: Stereo Systems in your boats!!!!

While we are on the subject, who makes a head unit that will work with Clarion wired remotes? Besides Clarion.
Thanks

Audiofn 01-26-2006 09:48 AM

That will work with clarions no one.

There are other manufacturers that make remotes like sony and so on but like clarion they will only work with their own head units.

Jon

ckentling 01-26-2006 10:28 AM

I am scared to jump into this one :eek: but I have a decent little system in my boat. I competed for years in CAN, and IASCA in its infancy and have been around car audio a long time, and I still miss my first real competitive car system.Alpine 7909 (original) alpinr 3554 for highs and a rockfork power 300 for th esubs. I took a lot of trophys with that in pro 251-500 and I liked the fact it was an all stealth install. All Boston pro components and fosgate Power series subs. no DSP, no processors just a simple Nak PA200 for the sub amp and prooper filtering on the components.

Oh the fun time at contests like Car-Fi, Toco's(sp?), Rolling Thunder, Mobile Fidelity, Stereo West. hell I do not even know if a lot of them are still around I know Rolling Thunder isn't Rick is running MERA now :drink:

Now onto the boat. I went fairly simple with a lot of stuff I had setting around from previous installs, I went with the Rockfor 9220 marine headunit, 5V pre-outs and plays MP3 and can be hooked up to the disocntinued rockfordm MMC mp3 changer :evilb: , I went with a pair of Rockfor 801S amps for the 4 Alpint Type R 12" in a ported enclosere. Each amp get a pair fo subs in series/ parallel so a nice easy 4 ohm load on the bridged amp (and yes I kow a bridged amp sees half the load :D ) and a rockford 801X for the Infinty 6.5 coaxs in the cockpit. I went with 8 pairs of the coaxs mounted in the sides and in the seat pedestals so I can have it all appear stock. in the cabin there was allready a pair of fosgate 6x9s so I took a Linear 652i off the shelf and am using it on the 6x9s.

I have added 4 group 27 deep cycles for the stereo, and a pair of 27s for the house, and each motor gets a 27starting just for starting. I upgraded the alternators to 110 amp and have a 30 amp onboard carger for when I am back at the dock on the lift.

I am hoping it will keep me happy for a while since I do not wnat to give up any storage space.

all of this is in a 29 Powerquest

feel free to critique :drink:

Christian

BajaRunner 01-26-2006 10:34 AM

we need pics

ckentling 01-26-2006 10:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here are a few I have so far, I am waiting on the pieces to come back from vinyl

you can see in the pictures of where the previuous installer butchered the install for a pair of cheap 12" and boxes

JasonSmith 01-26-2006 10:49 AM

Christian, don't lie, that is your install. :evilb: BTW, I'm out on BBQ Friday.See you Saturday.

ckentling 01-26-2006 10:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here are a few more

ckentling 01-26-2006 10:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks Jason :chimp:

old headunit and speaker install. Going all white Vinyl on the sides now

ckentling 01-26-2006 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)