Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Honest Engine Builder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121292-honest-engine-builder.html)

357sr1man 02-06-2006 09:12 PM

Re: Honest Engine Builder

Where is Dean's shop located at in ohio. :D

Raylar 02-07-2006 10:30 AM

When I tell customers there are a few great engine builders out there, this is exactly what I try to convince them to find! Congratulations to you Dean at Gellner, glad you are part of that exclusive club of real "engine builders!" that the high performance marine industry needs. Keep up the good work and fair honest dealings!

Ray @ Raylar

masher44 02-07-2006 12:17 PM

Keep hearing great things about him! and he is in chat ALL the time :drink:

RumRunner 02-07-2006 01:03 PM

OK, OK, OK everybody is being to nice. I'll have bash Deano up a little.

Let's see.... He's too skinny, he makes his mom answer the phone, and... Well heck that's about all I can think of. Seriously Great people.

Dean you coming down to Miami?

KAAMA 02-07-2006 01:44 PM

I remember a friend from St. Joe, MI having bought a boat with one of Gellner's engines in it back in the mid 80's. It was some sort of 26' off brand boat back then. It had an orange TRS outdrive, orange K-planes and if I remember correctly the engine was all orange as well----a 468cid engine with a flat tappet solid cam, and some very nicely ported GM oval "049" heads with larger valves installed. Everyone in the area was quite impressed with how well that boat ran,---and especially with the engine it had! :)

mrhorsepower1 02-07-2006 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Raylar
When I tell customers there are a few great engine builders out there, this is exactly what I try to convince them to find! Congratulations to you Dean at Gellner, glad you are part of that exclusive club of real "engine builders!" that the high performance marine industry needs. Keep up the good work and fair honest dealings!

Ray @ Raylar

Thanks Ray! The feeling is mutal. Have heard many great things about your organization as well! Have a great year!

Dean

mrhorsepower1 02-07-2006 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by RumRunner
OK, OK, OK everybody is being to nice. I'll have bash Deano up a little.

Let's see.... He's too skinny, he makes his mom answer the phone, and... Well heck that's about all I can think of. Seriously Great people.

Dean you coming down to Miami?

I am actually getting the ball and chain cut off !!!! At least for the weekend! See ya there! :evilb:

RumRunner 02-07-2006 06:53 PM

Kewl.... See ya there.

Ike 02-07-2006 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
I am actually getting the ball and chain cut off !!!! At least for the weekend! See ya there! :evilb:

Great Dean, Lets get together at Montys for lunch, my treat.

mrhorsepower1 02-07-2006 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ike
Great Dean, Lets get together at Montys for lunch, my treat.

I'll take ya up Ike! Call ya later in the week.