Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Honest Engine Builder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121292-honest-engine-builder.html)

Wild Child 01-25-2006 03:30 PM

Honest Engine Builder

I would like to take a moment and thank Dean Gellner for Gellner Marine. If you need new engines, overhauls, parts, tech support, you should talk to him.

Some of the people on the board know him, some don't,
those of us that do consider him the best kept secert in the business, family owned and operated located in OH.

Dean has built several set of engines for me and I can say that I run my equipment like I stole it and the law is closing in and never had a failure.

Examples:

37 OL Let's Rock 975 SC's 115 mph 4th V bottom to the bridge at NY in 04.

37 OL Wild Child 725 HP, NA on a single carb, 102 mph still tweeking.

42 OL GTX JusTrucking 1280 SC's 130 + mph full boat.

And several others on the board.

He is new to the board, (Mr Horsepower1). everyone should welcome him.

Since reptubale engine guys are few and far between you might want to consider him.

T

berman58 01-25-2006 03:51 PM

Re: Honest Engine Builder

I'm looking forward to him doing some work for me. Sounds very knowledgable on the phone.

birdog 01-25-2006 04:18 PM

I spoke to him on the phone..I thought he wasVery nice & helpful

ratman 01-25-2006 05:45 PM

i talked to him on the phone as well, real nice sounding guy, very willing to help an oso'er :D welcome aboard, now stop lurking dean :D

RHC 01-25-2006 05:54 PM

Dean's father did engine work on my drag cars 25yrs ago ,,, its a family business and Dean grew up with grease under the nails!
As far as I am concerned ,, the best part is , that he is a boater as well as an engine builder ,, he understands the stress that these engines are under and he understands that no one wants to be towed home !!! :D I agree that Gellner's has been a secret in the marine world ,,,, however ,,, the Cat's out of the bag... Best of Luck Dean! :drink:

RHC

outer42 01-26-2006 08:14 AM

I have the 42 gtx and dean rebuid my motors after sterling messed them up and he fixed all the problems and now they run better than the sterlings every did.

Doller Offshore 01-26-2006 08:43 AM

Dean and his family are first class, we would absolutely recommend them! Hey Dean, why don't you come down for the Miami Boat Show?

Bad Girl 01-26-2006 01:48 PM

I have had Dean Gellner do all of my engine work over the past 10 or so years.
I currently have in process a pair of 800sc motors that have had 98% of all the the prep work done and are ready to be washed assembled. The block machining and honing etc is done ,fitting of all pistons,bearings, rotating assy. balancing done and many misc items done.As of last week these motors were being planned to be completed then dyno tuned by Dean . However,I have decided at this point to sell them as an unassembled set ready for someone to do it themselves to save a little money but get some big power or you can have Dean finish them if you like.

I no longer need these motors since I have another boat.

The basics on the motors 572 gm blocks w/Merc cast kickout pans,Dart alum. 360 heads,Crower crank and rods intern. balanced,venolia pistons, Moroso oil pump, The Crane cam, Isky springs,retainers Msd dist package was new from Teague and selected for this motor setup. Superchillers, Merc 420 megablowers and pair of 750 carbs, Hays flywheel, remote billet oil system,Fluidampner,SS crossovers, Cast alum 2 piece valve covers,pulleys belts,alternators, timing etc, and the usual misc. items that will make a very complete engine. Compression is around 8.2:1.

I have all receipts for parts, details of the machine work that was done as well as Dean having the specifics. Total cost to date is $25,000 for the pair. Taking reasonable offers here before I post on the net.

As everyone said, Dean and his family are always a pleasure to work with. Dean has evolved as a top marine engine builder with a very successful and reliable record that can easily stand up to the other major players.
Ken

Ike 01-29-2006 02:07 PM

Dean just built a pair of 572/930's for my 41 apache and i can't wait to run it they sound incredible. I would highly recommend him, he was very professional and into his work. Everyone that i have talked to has highly recommend him also.I can't wait for spring.

mrhorsepower1 02-06-2006 07:48 PM

I would like to give everyone of my Customers a BIG THANK YOU for your support! We have a close knit family that runs out of our shop and it is a great experience to be affliated with such wonderful loyal clients and friends! Now....Let's go run the throttles to the dash and going boating already! The snow is getting old. :D