The Answers as given to me:
2. Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each
year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it
3. Asparagus and rhubarb.
6. The pear grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear
buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The
bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears
are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
7. Dwarf, dwell, and dwindle.
8. Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe,
question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets,
parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
9. In Minnesota. The team was originally known as the Minneapolis
Lakers and kept the name when they moved west.
10. Batter hit by a pitch; passed ball; catcher interference; catcher
drops third strike; fielder's choice; and being designated as a pinch
12. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, snowshoes,