Notices

intercom system

Old 01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: intercom system

I use a portable intercom from sigtronics that is a 6 place and DRE head sets. No question that DC is the best but I have had no problems with my set up.

I use suction cups to hold it all in place and can take it out (which I did) when I traded boats. Can hook the stereo and even a cell phone into it and it's voice activated. Can plug it in if I need to but 99% of the time we run it off it's 9v batteries.

I have larger foam muffs on the mikes and get very little wind noise but throat mikes would be the best. We love it and I wouldn't do a poker run without it.
Attached Thumbnails intercom system-telex.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Von Bongo; 01-27-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW I think most of the boat systems are based off of aircraft systems. A Sigtronics 6 place system for an aircraft is $252 plus the head sets which start about $99 for a decent one and go up from there.

Once they get in the hands of marine dealers the price goes up....who'd a thought.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one from Revolution Marine and love the throat mics.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
BTW I think most of the boat systems are based off of aircraft systems. A Sigtronics 6 place system for an aircraft is $252 plus the head sets which start about $99 for a decent one and go up from there.

Once they get in the hands of marine dealers the price goes up....who'd a thought.
I went with the Sigtronics 6 place stereo system this year in my boat. Got the unit off ebay for less than $200, bought the avionic head sets the only thing was changing all the plugs. Aircraft units come with dual phone plugs, changed them out to gold plated 5 pin plugs and it works great. Overall spent less than $500 on it. Some of the aircraft supply places will cut you a discount when you tell them you want 6 headsets.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

I have a 6 place radio labs and it works well. I have both throat mics and headset booms... fussed with both and the headset boom with the large foam wind sock is the best. The throat mics are good but fussy..you mst get then in the "sweet spot"

The headset along with the Gladiator style PWC goggles make the faster rides a blast for the kids and passengers!!
Attached Thumbnails intercom system-4th-mnk.jpg