If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1986 39' Image aka Ocean Express

Hi Boot. Our first boat was a Sleekcraft with a 460 and Jacuzzi. The u-joint flange at the pump always rattled at idle. It had a grease fitting, so I always kept it full. It would make a little mess but we ran the boat for 7 years with no problems. Man, life was simple then...have fun with your new toy. Gene

Hey Joe, it's not uncommon for a jet to rattle out of water (no load on pump)
    I dont know why he is running another pump (it has the best water pump you can get, built in)
    Seems like another part to break, I would re plumb the water lines and get rid of the sea pump.
    Good luck jets can be a blast.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A

THanks for the info on the rattles !

FASSTplus, Where would you plumb the line if you take out the sea pump ? I still haven't looked at it but I am gettin ready to !

Does it have a water outlet from the pump ?(like a Berkly) I'm not to familiar with Jacuzzi
    What kind of exhaust (log, headers,wet/dri, etc...)
    Check to see if the plates blocking the water passages (stock water pump)have fitting connections.

My Boats:
    Boating, Boating, My Family and Boating
    Columbus, Ohio

Oh boy! Another jetter on OSO! You should not have a problem just lighting her up on the trailer, but don't run her for long. As others have said - dirt in the bowl can be an issue, but usually its pretty clean in there. The other issue is that the drive shaft packing gland. This is lubricated by water and will be dry on the trailer. The Banderlog site is absolutlely full of informative folks. It is a remnant of You have everything from racers to nuts there. Definately c\look into the stringer situation. Many older jets only had stringers from the transom to the first bulkhead. These hulls frequently developed hook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12