Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   lets go to the other place and bring everyone back here (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121580-lets-go-other-place-bring-everyone-back-here.html)

CAP071 02-02-2006 07:32 AM

Re: lets go to the other place and bring everyone back here

redclouds :D

dreamer 02-02-2006 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Besides, I needed time to make more crap up about Cash Bar and Twin Step Gun :)

see your boating thread :D

packinair 02-02-2006 09:00 AM

are they still dating?

DollaBill 02-02-2006 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by packinair
are they still dating?

Yeah, but their hanging out with some hot chicks to throw everyone off their trail.

fund razor 02-02-2006 11:47 AM

Ok Bill.

you win.

It must drive them more nuts than us when they are down.

Tantrum 02-02-2006 12:32 PM

take it easy boys. Come on, what do you want a $0.20./day credit for downtime? It's an entertainment website, not NORAD. I don't think most people realize how quickly the site is growing. The techies are constantly trying to upgrade stuff and maintain things while all of us idiots yap. Steve deserves more credit than he gets on here for all the behind the scenes stuff that happens at OSO world headquarters. (including the Hooters branch office)

Its entertainment that we pay for which would make it...our entertainment...Steve's business. I can handle a few days off from OSO and I’m not criticizing anyone or the site. I’m just responding to your comment that "Steve (OSO) deserves more credit"
He gets my money doesn’t he? I work hard for my customers too. With 100 employees there is allot of behind the scenes: drink:

Panther 02-02-2006 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
OSO has 30K subscribers and how many lurkers? --ALOT! I don't think you are taking into account alot of things that you (and I) don't know about OSO. The logistics of this site must be tremendous with everything on this site from the message boards, classifieds, oso garage, chat, advertising, etc......

Oso has ALOT of traffic to the website everymonth. We have the luxury to see the finished product. We don't have to deal with the day-to-day operations and problems like Steve and his crew do. :D

I think you should cut them some slack, I do realize it sucks when the board is down, but everything and anything needs maintenence at some time.

Things happen and it wasn't the end of the world. I wouldn't be happy if I had a boat for sale or if I was an advertiser.

I work with a lot of companys who invest billions of $$$ in to reduncancy, failover and disaster recovery. Every minute they are down cost lots of money and they loose customers.

What would we do if you went to the mac machine or the bank and wanted some of our heard earned $$ and the teller told us the system is down and you can't get your $$ for a couple of days?

Granted OSO isn't one of these companys but it may be a good idea/investment for the future.

masher44 02-02-2006 03:02 PM

The "other" site didnt like me too much..... :evilb: :evilb:

CMG 02-02-2006 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
The "other" site didnt like me too much..... :evilb: :evilb:

pretty good judges of character :cool:

Playn 02-02-2006 03:34 PM

take it easy boys. Come on, what do you want a $0.20./day credit for downtime? It's an entertainment website, not NORAD.

That kinda puts things in perspective :drink: