Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   boat transportation question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121584-boat-transportation-question.html)

bgchuby01 02-02-2006 11:32 AM

Re: boat transportation question

1 Attachment(s)
this is the truck and trailer

JB4Boyne 02-02-2006 11:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Jeff, Don't stop there, have a Roll-Tite kit installed if you really want to make your boaters happy. It is legal in the 48 states to now mount the kit on the outside of the rub rail so you could have a 104" on the inside. The boats would never see RAIN, SNOW, ROAD SALT, ROCKS ECT... I like your idea, but to me one of your biggest selling points would be, that you can tell your people that if a car runs into you that there boat won't be touched. (The cars driver might not have a head left after he runs under your trailer, but there boat won't be hurt, come to think about it if a car runs into my boat he wouldn't have a head left when I got done with him anyways.) If you do get one make sure you get one that the tarp system will fold up into the headboard incase you want to haul wide loads. Plus with a Roll-Tite you can haul some van freight. Also don't forget about the LTL freight you can set on the back for another $1.00 per mile. Click on the photo and see how easy they work. Good Luck, JB

bgchuby01 02-02-2006 11:58 AM

I like that but I don't think that this trailer has the side rails to hook up to it. Yes also I never thought of the fact that if someones hits my trailer the boat is 3 feet up and out of harms way, at least most of the time. do you have a web site for this company

Magicfloat 02-02-2006 12:00 PM

Jeff,we sent a 353 to CA last year and the buyer went nuts when we told him it would be hauled on his own new trailer. I think it will work. Also,what about someone who is not buying a trailer? Can you load just the boat?

bgchuby01 02-02-2006 12:13 PM

No, the boat has to be on its own trailer or cradle that has wheels

JB4Boyne 02-02-2006 12:40 PM

Jeff here is there website www.role-tite.com they can mount them to anything, they could mount them to a regular boat trailer if you wanted to pay the price. You could also have 3"X3"s welded thru your floor and into the beams and then have cradles made pretty cheap and haul multiple boats without there trailers if you wanted. If you had that tarp lettered up with your name and what you do you could become the worlds premier boat hauler :D I can see it all coming together now :drink:

RHC 02-02-2006 01:01 PM

My bad Jeff,, I thought you were using your cost factor based on your Pickup... If you have been the business with 28 trucks then you know about all the things I mentioned ... Yes ,, the Landol will work ,, Yes,, the boats will be better protected, and Yes, the extra cost to the owner should be justifyed. Good luck with your venture ,, which ever way you go!! Just park the KW and call a cab for the Pizza run!! or ,,,,, get a scooter ,, You will always be in nice weather :D :D

RHC

lucky strike 02-02-2006 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
About the only problem I see is that when you offload your boat and want to go and get some chinese food with your friends. The KW will be harder to park.

You will have to park the KW & have chinese delivered to it.

We will meet you at the truck stop for chow in the sleeper.

LS

LEOPAJM 02-02-2006 03:36 PM

I like it ! :cool:

The Menace 02-02-2006 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
Thats why I am posting it. I think that the market is there and the price difference is not that great.

How is the skater working for you.? Will you be at the Miami Poker Run? I will be there on a 46 skater

The Skater is running great. You tow it over and back and I will go if my schedule allows.