Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 02-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Record kilo attempts do not have to be run in public but do require official sanctioning on a surveryed course. I am sure that these arrangements have been made.

What I don't understand about so many of these posts on this topic is why some people are so negative about this or any other record attempt? No manufacturer or individual has the right or title to hold themselves in such artificial esteem as to not be challenged. Whether these record attempts are made by a particular boat manufacturer or individual, there is a lot of time, money and danger involved. It's easy to sit on a keyboard and throw **** but the bottom line is that the efforts and research involved always trickle down in some way or another to benefit the sport of high performance boating. My hat is off to anyone attempting such a feat and only wish them well.
Dave Scott
I watched you go 180 and 202 at Reggies
Old 02-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Any reports from today's run? Did they get the boat in the water yet?

I hope this turns into a Miami show tradition. Looks like it might!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Record kilo attempts do not have to be run in public but do require official sanctioning on a surveryed course. I am sure that these arrangements have been made.

What I don't understand about so many of these posts on this topic is why some people are so negative about this or any other record attempt? No manufacturer or individual has the right or title to hold themselves in such artificial esteem as to not be challenged. Whether these record attempts are made by a particular boat manufacturer or individual, there is a lot of time, money and danger involved. It's easy to sit on a keyboard and throw **** but the bottom line is that the efforts and research involved always trickle down in some way or another to benefit the sport of high performance boating. My hat is off to anyone attempting such a feat and only wish them well.
Dave Scott
Good point. As long as it's done within the rules then I have no problem with it.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Good point. As long as it's done within the rules then I have no problem with it.
It is sanctioned by an official racing assoc. (guess who it wont be... ) and will be officially refed by a well known mech./racer/shop owner.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I see the whole speed thing as who has the bigger D*CK I personally think alot of people don't like Reggie and will do anything to take his title away. I personally am not a Fountain fan, you can't argue with his record winnings--the man has helped our sport out temendously.

I agree that there is some good that can come out of it, like research. There are a tiny fraction of people who will ever come close to those record speeds. I personally think it's too dangerous to be risking your life over this title, but that's the great thing about the USA, you can do it if you want to.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 02-07-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave Scott
Nicely said ! My hats off to ANYONE with the cojones to do this !
Old 02-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I don't understand about so many of these posts on this topic is why some people are so negative about this or any other record attempt?
Answer: Jealousy.

Good luck to the drivers on any attempt.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Answer: Jealousy.

Good luck to the drivers on any attempt.
Ditto. Does anyone know who will be driving and throttling? Mr. Robertson is one of them I presume?????

Good luck and Godspeed.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Ditto. Does anyone know who will be driving and throttling? Mr. Robertson is one of them I presume?????

Good luck and Godspeed.
They said JT also and the OSS was the sant body.

I

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dave Scott
Yep, records are made to broken!

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.