Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

What sport is that?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

JT is the man!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sellsman11
You don't miss anything do you Strip?? I'm pretty sure the Cig got on plane by itself.

Look forward to seeing you at the Clevelander!!

Frankie

Frankie I wish I could go Maybe next year....

I heard thats what the NOS was for ? Ive seen it on some old drag Turbos to get them spooled up.

It sounds like there going to get some good #'s out of it. Competition is good!!!!!

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
What sport is that?
Now I don't care who ya are...THAT'S funny! Went right over their head Allen...
Old 02-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i swear i'm about to spit out the real numbers that boat ran with the merc 1075's so all of yall can have the REAL NUMBERS

jr mike
Old 02-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I prefer the method other sports use where you can only set a record at a sanctioned event where the competition has the opportunity to match you.

not sure i totally agree with that. when you are dealing with these kind of speeds i would think it is better to sneak up on the record without the pressure of some dead line at an event. if it were me i would rather have myself and my crew working together in an extremely controlled environment. these things take a great deal of focus and I'm not sure you could get that with a large crowd around you. i do enjoy hearing about the challenges though, the manufacturers are really breaking new ground. that is one bad a$$ cig. just my .02 cents.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-09-2006, 05:26 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I remember a thread a while back when there was talk about a speed run. The first thing everyone wanted to do was hook up with each other with their boats and go watch.

Now can you imagine how long they would have to wait for the water to lay down if it ever would after so many people showing up...

As much as I would like to be there myself on the shoreline, I can understand why there is no announcement of when it is taking place.

I was worried for the people in NC when that run was taking place. How everyone lines up on the beach of that campground, God forbid if a competitor threw a blade or some other equipment failure causing the boat to hook in the direction of the spectators....

As long as the Sanctioning Offiicials are there, and everything is done the way it should be, I don't see any problem with that....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that all the info you guys got....pleeeeze...ok here is the skinney....and do not ask or get radical with me.....I was informed that Jt was pulling hard runs...boat was good totally stable at 160 and it was not stable up to 172....and for safety issues Bob teague pulled the plug on the operation due to unsafe conditions...... word has it that the mercs were producing over 2000 per side.......rumor has it that that the whole package is good for 190 when they figure out handling issue........Good day boys!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Lightbulb Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Maybe it's time for longer tabs...?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Facts Sally!!!!.....and who said it was a leak????....Jeeeeeze..this is why i do not post....i am sitting on way better stuff that this.....

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.