Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 03-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
Like I said before their is no comparison between a Cig and a Fountain when you compare the boats you get as a customer. This is like comparing a Ferrari to a Acura NSX. Both nice cars but one is clearly head and shoulder above the other.

Speed records are fine, but it won't translate into the boat you buy as a customer when you buy a fountain. They are a production boat and Cigs are not.
your right, the nsx is head and shoulders above the ferrari.
actually the NSX was originally designed as a ferrari, but they didnt build it because it wasnt exotic enough so they sold the design to acura.

when will they put turbines in these things??? where are the AMF boys with this?
ill take a 47 gtx, t55's, and bpm drives.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Like I said before their is no comparison between a Cig and a Fountain when you compare the boats you get as a customer. This is like comparing a Ferrari to a Acura NSX. Both nice cars but one is clearly head and shoulder above the other.
Yes, Ferrari's are faster.

Speed records are fine, but it won't translate into the boat you buy as a customer when you buy a fountain. They are a production boat and Cigs are not.
The race technology is a direct transfer when you buy a boat! Fountain uses the same molds on their race boats and their sports boats.

Last edited by Fanatic; 03-10-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:37 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SERIOUS
Why in this months power boat mag did the cigerette have skater on side also is it joint venture or are they the same company?
i am guessing you didn't read the article inside the magazine?
Old 03-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

This link should stir the pot a bit.

Skater Built Fountain For Sale
Old 03-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck

I like that !! Heres to all the Reggie lovin Cig haters out there who kept saying crap about Cig having Skater build their boat!This also made me think of something to. Remember back in the day Reggie raced a Skater for a few years. And I also remember Reggie trying to get into the Cat game and not being able to build one himself but he tried to hire MTI to build them for him as a Fountain/Scism cat I think that deal fell through after just a couple boats and now look where MTI is in this business.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Line them all up and run them side by side
Old 03-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Duck

Fountain used Skater for a while but builds their own now.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
I like that !! Heres to all the Reggie lovin Cig haters out there who kept saying crap about Cig having Skater build their boat!This also made me think of something to. Remember back in the day Reggie raced a Skater for a few years. And I also remember Reggie trying to get into the Cat game and not being able to build one himself but he tried to hire MTI to build them for him as a Fountain/Scism cat I think that deal fell through after just a couple boats and now look where MTI is in this business.
And where is Fountain today?

I am sure Cigarette could build their own race hull as well, it's probably an economic issue. Remember companies are in business to make a profit.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:28 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Bigdady lets set the record straight reggie build the cats for Randy while randy shops were being built. Reggie only built 4 or 5 boats during that time frame. Reggie's factory space was not large enough for the large cats.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fanatic
And where is Fountain today?

I am sure Cigarette could build their own race hull as well, it's probably an economic issue. Remember companies are in business to make a profit.
If I read the article in Powerboat mag correct, Cig stated they used Douglas Marine to lay up the deck of the boat not the hull, due to there expertise in canopy's.

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.