Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121595-im-hearing-skater-built-cigarette-will-go-reggies-kilo-record-next-week.html)

TeamSaris 03-12-2006 01:28 PM

Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by 375stinger
they need to make it a requirement to pass an IQ test to get an oso membership :evilb:

:D

Scott B 03-12-2006 01:54 PM

Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Steve would go broke...

TeamSaris 03-12-2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Scott B
Steve would go broke...

SOme guys would make it in like, well no not him maybe... naa not hime either or...

NO ONE! :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

pm203 03-12-2006 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fanatic
I guess it's the way you define "production". The hulls and the molds are the same.
Interiors, power and the rigging are different from boat to boat as is the paint. Fountain will use the same paint and interiors on boat to boat so you may say not one is the same but you are splitting hairs.

Cigarette just don't sell as many boats but they are a production boat. Fountains are also all hand built.

Fanatic,
I have owned a Fountain and loved the boat. I also like the new Fountains and have nothing bad to say about them. However, as far as rigging, quality, details and overall construction ,Fountain is not in the same zip code as Cigarette.They can,t be because of how many they build. Still, it is a very nice boat for the general public, and works for alot of people.

Downtown42 03-12-2006 02:20 PM

Fanatic, what boat do you run now?

MarkC 03-12-2006 02:23 PM

Any updates on a record run by Cig?

Back4More 03-12-2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by pm203
Fanatic,
I have owned a Fountain and loved the boat. I also like the new Fountains and have nothing bad to say about them. However, as far as rigging, quality, details and overall construction ,Fountain is not in the same zip code as Cigarette.They can,t be because of how many they build. Still, it is a very nice boat for the general public, and works for alot of people.

I agree...Fountain needs to spend about $20K more worth of time on the fit and finish.

ONESICKGLADIATOR 03-12-2006 02:56 PM

Hey WaterBoy
Were are you. Are you out boating or making snow angles .

Rick OSG

JUKED YOU 03-12-2006 03:09 PM

hes prolly over posting on the "whos yougest OSO member" thread

Havasu Cig 03-13-2006 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More
Fountains are hand made custom boats....you pick the colors and power, if you want to be more creative you could have it one off custom painted too.
http://www.chicagofountain.com/boat_images/218_6.jpg

Not true. I know two people that were Fountain dealers and they had production boats on their lot with standard factory graphics, accessories and power. I am not saying you can't buy a high quality production boat (look at formula), but there is a difference.

With Cig you design the paint, options, power etc... I know Fountain has done some one off boats, but most of their boats come straight off the production line and go to a dealer and not a buyer or dealer who designed the boat. I bought my Cig from a dealer, but the dealership designed the graphics, picked out the accessories power etc... :cool: