Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121595-im-hearing-skater-built-cigarette-will-go-reggies-kilo-record-next-week.html)

JCPERF 02-02-2006 10:42 PM

Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Ok, it's a 46 foot -built by Skater - hull powered by twin turbo Merc 1800 hp engines.

Is this factually incorrect?

The Cig has 1075s turned up

Marginmn 02-02-2006 10:46 PM

Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

1075's are going to push a 46 foot boat over 170 mph :rolleyes:

They better have a Turn it up button, and a Really Turn it Up Button!

JCPERF 02-02-2006 10:48 PM

1075's are going to push a 46 foot boat over 170 mph :rolleyes:

They better have a Turn it up button, and a Really Turn it Up Button!

You dont dial a boat in with firebreathers.You dial a boat with moderate HP like a 1075 and then put the 1800s in for the run.

rush 02-02-2006 11:07 PM

Like it or not, Every vbottom record set, has either been beaten by Reggie or set by Reggie...

JCPERF 02-02-2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by rush
Like it or not, Every vbottom record set, has either been beaten by Reggie or set by Reggie...

That Reggie guy sure does get around doesnt he? :D :D

Marginmn 02-02-2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
You dont dial a boat in with firebreathers.You dial a boat with moderate HP like a 1075 and then put the 1800s in for the run.

That makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is why they aren't making the run with 1800 hp JC PERF firebreathers :evilb:

JCPERF 02-02-2006 11:11 PM

That makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is why they aren't making the run with 1800 hp JC PERF firebreathers :evilb:

Im only up to 1500s so far :D :D

Strip Poker 388 02-02-2006 11:21 PM

Yea but anybody can make 1800 in a blown alcohol application. Just do all your testing on the turned up 1075 and make it run 160 stable they put the drag motors in for a recorrd breaker :D

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-03-2006 01:12 AM

I think I may know what JC is refering to but not sure. Heard a few rumors circulating at the end of last season.

JCPERF 02-03-2006 11:00 PM

Ok, it's a 46 foot -built by Skater - hull powered by twin turbo Merc 1800 hp engines.

Is this factually incorrect?

I hear that MERCURY does have 1800s in the Cig/Skater and is ready to make history. :cool: