Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121599-tulsa-boat-show-sucks.html)

Spine Tingler 02-01-2006 10:45 PM

Re: Tulsa Boat Show SUCKS!!

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
The motor home were nice. I talked to mac from grand lake boat sales and he said that he was not carrying eliminator or fountain any more. I guess the only go fast boats that are sold in oklahoma are bajas. :eek:

So I guess that means there are no fast boats being sold in Oklahoma!! :evilb: :drink:

carter38 02-02-2006 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by eyezlee
yep it sucks for performance boats. i went monday night and got a nice buzz on. :D

I agree. Good to see you out. :drink: :drink:

gsmith9898 02-02-2006 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by welladjusted
So I guess that means there are no fast boats being sold in Oklahoma!! :evilb: :drink:

Scott, where were you monday? I seen ou and mti out there.

CAP071 02-02-2006 07:29 AM

Sounds like the Philadelphia boat show :(

Viper31 02-02-2006 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
We went to the Tulsa boat show last night. There were about 4000 bass boats, a fair amount of large cruisers, a fair amount of runabouts, and 2 Baja Outlaws. One a 25 and the other a 35. I go every year and it is the same thing. I don't know why I continue to go to a boat show that has no boats I'm interested in. Never again!

Now, for all you E-Dockers out there, is the Grand Lake boat show any better?

The only way to scratch the itch for performance boats at a boat show is to go to Miami. Ft. Lauderdale show would be my second choice, but that is in the fall.

Apple a day 02-02-2006 09:05 AM

Go to the DALLAS boat show. Starts friday 2/3.

salesmanship 02-02-2006 09:08 AM

Funny thing while, visiting "the other site" during the downtime... They said the Tulsa Show is one of the best.. hmm.
Here's a better idea. Save your show money and visit Nor-Tech. We have a boat show every day and I'll buy the beer*. Think of the savings!

* Some restrictions apply. :drink:

44MTI 02-02-2006 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Apple a day
Go to the DALLAS boat show. Starts friday 2/3.

Been going for yrs. not much better.
How about Miami in 2 wks.

Shah Mat 02-02-2006 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by eyezlee
yep it sucks for performance boats. i went monday night and got a nice buzz on. :D

You have to figure that go-fasts are a big of a seller during a show. I'd be willing to bet that most people there are not non-boaters looking to become boaters, so bow riders and bass boats probably sell good during and after the show.

However....It's a good reason to get together with your boating buds during the winter and have a few drinks. :drink:

Dave M 02-02-2006 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
You have to figure that go-fasts are a big of a seller during a show. I'd be willing to bet that most people there are not non-boaters looking to become boaters, so bow riders and bass boats probably sell good during and after the show.

However....It's a good reason to get together with your boating buds during the winter and have a few drinks. :drink:

Exactly, I think it is simple economics. Boat shows have been around a long time. If perf. boats made up the sales volume, that's what they would be showing.

Look at your average marina. What % of the boats are performance? At my marina I'd say maybe 10% tops.