Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Towing rule #1: Use tow straps!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121620-towing-rule-1-use-tow-straps.html)

CigDaze 02-02-2006 08:06 AM

Re: Towing rule #1: Use tow straps!!!

Ouch. Yep, embarassing.
:eek: :rolleyes: :D

lightspeed 02-02-2006 08:08 AM

I Bet He Uses Straps The Next Time He Tows That Boat . The Pick Up Bed Looks Like Its All Twisted Up

Love Machine 02-02-2006 08:17 AM

I hope he changed his shorts before launching that beaker boat. :evilb:

pullmytrigger 02-02-2006 08:41 AM

"low style" winch post????.......I dont see any winch post ......did it break it right off???

wrinkleface 02-02-2006 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
He's lucky the beak didn't spear him in the back of his mellon :eek:

That's a goody!! :D

HiPerf2000 02-02-2006 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
He's lucky the beak didn't spear him in the back of his mellon :eek:

:D :D :p

Tantrum 02-02-2006 09:49 AM

Im no expert but I think he has entirely too much tongue weight there. Hes gonna be in trouble if he has to turn real fast. :eek: :p :drink:

JasonSmith 02-02-2006 10:05 AM

Ok, I'm guilty of not using straps on the rear of my boat. I never imagined the boat could slide foward like that.
I guess I'll be buying some today so I don't end up getting made fun of, or worse.

Dave M 02-02-2006 10:21 AM

Ouch!

Just wondering....Not that it was the cause here but, Is it really a good idea putting a lift kit on a truck that is going to tow heavy loads? It may look cool but what does it do to your handling?

FunHome 02-02-2006 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
It's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out by a beak!!! :D :evilb: :D :evilb:

Those teflon strips are slicker than snot!! I've seen boats slide off of the trailer at the ramp when people unhook the front before backing down the ramp. :rolleyes:

I was hoping that someone else saw that other than me!!!! They work great to help put the boat on the trailer, but not at KEEPING the boat on the trailer!!!! I had a bow strap break once on a real steep ramp, thank goodness I had a saftey chain and no teflon on my bunks, because the boat would have slid right back into the water!!! Luckly it only went back to the end of the safety chain!! (That I later shortened!!)