Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A VERY special thank you to Peter, Chris and Eric @ Skater! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121812-very-special-thank-you-peter-chris-eric-%40-skater.html)

JIMKID Motorsports 02-05-2006 10:39 AM

Re: A VERY special thank you to Peter, Chris and Eric @ Skater!

The New 30 Is A Complete New Design Boat Looks Awsome In Person Can Have A Trditional Deck Or Cut Down Like The Big Ones Boat Is Avalable For Order Now Talk To Chris

T2x 02-05-2006 11:16 AM

It's interesting that Peter is so open and friendly....a refreshing change from many other "designer builders" who have no real conceptual answers when questioned about their products.....other than: "We designed this from scratch". In fairness, some of these derivative hulls are pretty good.....in one case, ugly but fast, ..........in another.....fast and light as a feather. But they are all derivatives....if not outright copies...... of the original.

There's a cheese dairy in New England that manufactures a product called "Helluva a good Cheese". Their motto is "Everything else is crap!" .

I don't know about cheese.....but when it comes to fast boats.

Buy a Skater.

T2x

Ron P 02-05-2006 12:12 PM

There was a party for Peter in LA two weeks ago, sort of a roast.

Howard Arneson stands up and thanks his friend Peter for his many years of friendship and for helping to make him a Millionaire, after a long pause he continues, before I met Peter I was a Multi Millionaire. :evilb:

KNOT-RIGHT 02-05-2006 04:00 PM

Here is a Guy who don't know me from a whole in the wall.
I called him a 1/2 dozen times when I was hunting for different Skaters every time he returned the call.
Boats others had for sale.

I took T2X,s advice and bought a Skater. Not knowing
I can call Peter and Ask him what drive shaft length
he wants to see on the boat or If I cut the Cabin entrance
will it be OK.

In todays world its nice to know you can buy a ten year old boat and call the guy who built it and ask him anything.

Thanks Peter!
Now I can go back to work on my boat! :drink:

Gerry

Byrdman 02-05-2006 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by caveman
Here is a Guy who don't know me from a whole in the wall.
I called him a 1/2 dozen times when I was hunting for different Skaters every time he returned the call.
Boats others had for sale.

I took T2X,s advice and bought a Skater. Not knowing
I can call Peter and Ask him what drive shaft length
he wants to see on the boat or If I cut the Cabin entrance
will it be OK.

In todays world its nice to know you can buy a ten year old boat and call the guy who built it and ask him anything.

Thanks Peter!
Now I can go back to work on my boat! :drink:

Gerry

Same here....he hooked me up and did not have to talk to me at all.....he took my call first time and spent alot of time on the phone....told me what was good and bad....did not bash the competition....even when i asked him about a few....he called me back a week later with my boat....which he had to track down for me....it was not listed for sale.....I just wanted to say Thank you Peter!!!.....

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-05-2006 06:47 PM

Shane,
Sounds like you got the same treatment I received when I went to Outerlimits.
After meeting Peter at Skaterfest, he was everything everyone said he was.
One day I hope to make the trip to SKATER just for the experience..... :drink:

357sr1man 02-05-2006 07:31 PM

Buy a skater,at least you know it's not a copy of another manufacturers product like MTI has done and thats a fact.Pete Hledin is a legend when it comes to designing and building offshore race cats as well as pleasure cats.

otis311 02-05-2006 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shane
You obviously did not speak to your wife about the "NFL Experience". So busy they did not even get in. I on the other hand, met Peter, toured the factory, and saw my new boat.

Now tell me...what is not SUPER about going to Skater? :cool:

Not interested in them there Skaters, We already have one of them pontoon boats.

Hope the game was good, Now both of you get home

otis311 02-05-2006 09:35 PM

Seriously, Its pretty interesting to tour a factory such as that one. I have toured the Cig factory several times and I am still amazed every time I walk thru there. I would have done the same thing as you. Especially if I had your lack of knowledge of football

GLH 02-05-2006 09:35 PM

Hope all goes well with your new rig... What is it?