Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The New Boat has Arrived ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121864-new-boat-has-arrived.html)

rickdarling 02-04-2006 08:18 PM

The New Boat has Arrived !

The 1996 Fountain 35 Lightning I bought from David Wade Marine in Louisiana has arrived. Thank You David and Mike (42Playboy) for delivering as promised. Also a big thanks to Mark at Precision Marine for taking a look at it for me. He did this at a moments notice without charge. :D :D

Hey Mike: Can you confirm that the Coast Guard paper work has been squared away?

It was nerve racking buying a boat 2200 miles from home (even though it was Surveyed) and I am now finally taking some deep breaths. Cleaned it up today and will be going to Catalina Island tomorrow morning to try her out.

Here are a few pics:

rickdarling 02-04-2006 08:19 PM

Re: The New Boat has Arrived !

3 Attachment(s)
pics

rickdarling 02-04-2006 08:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
a couple more

Maritime_Eng 02-04-2006 08:26 PM

Nice looking boat!

375stinger 02-04-2006 08:54 PM

looks like recent repower :cool: ..i see you already have the hailing port on it :drink:

rickdarling 02-04-2006 09:41 PM

Yep 42 hours on the motors. Hoping to get by tomorrow with the name/ hailing port plus the old coast guard docs until the new ones arrive...

rickdarling 02-04-2006 11:08 PM

Thanks for the good word guys. The boat has an older Garmin (153 Sounder) GPS / Map system for which software is apparently obsolete. So instead of screwing with it, I'm trying to download the Westcoast map into my Map60 handheld until I can get a proper replacement. What a pain in the azz. The software has a relase code that doesn't work the way the instructions detail. It looks like I may be using a compass tomorrow....

AeroSpeedMarine 03-25-2006 09:49 AM

hey rick i just saw your post your docs were already sent in to the coast gaurd i will call on monday or tuesday thanks bud hows the boat running.

rickdarling 03-25-2006 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
hey rick i just saw your post your docs were already sent in to the coast gaurd i will call on monday or tuesday thanks bud hows the boat running.

Hey Mike,

The Boat's running good. I made a trip to Catalina for breakfast a few weeks ago and was back (to my house) before 1:00 PM.

Probably going to Catalina again in the next couple of weeks. Beyond that, it's the Desert Storm poker run in Havasu. Anyone from out your way going?

The final Coast Guard Docs came so don't sweat it - I am all squared away.

Regards,

Rick

wrinkleface 03-25-2006 02:18 PM

Congratz! & Enjoy! :drink: