Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121866-non-stepp-naturally-aspirated.html)

JCPERF 02-06-2006 06:30 PM

Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hows this for Old school non step and normally aspirated Small Blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

TxHawk 02-06-2006 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not joining the arguments. My next boat will be lighter and faster simply because I dont run in very big water often.

23 yrs old, no steps, Naturally Aspirated

375stinger 02-06-2006 07:22 PM

beautiful boat ex hawk40 :cool:

TeamSaris 12-30-2006 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 1615235)
Non step...RoughWater Rig...BlowerMotors...Fast...Fountain. :cool:

She Looks Good:cool:

phragle 12-30-2006 11:58 PM

"and the 3,000 lb 40 footers with 5,000 HP will be the new boats to argue about!"

3000 lb with 5000 hp in a 40 footer..ok..say somebody makes one that doesnt come apart in say 2025..but were gonna have to drop the x-dim and bail on the shorties..that light the first ripple it hits it will be big air time, somehow ya gotta keep the props in the water to go foreward....sorry..couldnt resist..

Downtown42 12-31-2006 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by birdog (Post 1616222)
Todays light weight,stepped wonder boats my well be the best thing in big water...I dont know...I never see them out there when it gets rough. Nothing but big heavy turds like Cigs & apaches out there playin. :D

Originally Posted by thedonz (Post 1616509)
couldn't be said better that is soooooooooooo true

jr mike

That's funny! :D If you were at Chicago Run last summer you would have seen alot of stepped boat's out in front in 6-8's.

The big turd heavy resin bucket Cig that only plays when no one else does, almost sunk because it came apart out there. :rolleyes:

birdog 12-31-2006 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 1977873)
That's funny! :D If you were at Chicago Run last summer you would have seen alot of stepped boat's out in front in 6-8's.

The big turd heavy resin bucket Cig that only plays when no one else does, almost sunk because it came apart out there. :rolleyes:

I read all about Chicago on here....Sounds like you did very well !:D ....Also watched the Sabers run away at Smoke in big water...I still have not found any new wonder boats out on Erie to run with in Big water though.......

Never got the whole story on the Cig coming apart ?...Tell us ?

nocigarette 12-31-2006 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by birdog (Post 1977892)
I read all about Chicago on here....Sounds like you did very well !:D ....Also watched the Sabers run away at Smoke in big water...I still have not found any new wonder boats out on Erie to run with in Big water though.......

Never got the whole story on the Cig coming apart ?...Tell us ?

one guy up by me with the new 39 gun, he blew past me like i was idiling.

I would like to hear more on the broken boat thing.........

Downtown42 12-31-2006 08:39 AM

You asked! DT42 don't bullchit over the internet.

Originally Posted by shogren (Post 1970930)
There was only one boat put on a lift at Chicago Poker Run with a hole, yes it was a, I am sure you already know.

Regards,

Shogren Performance Marine

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com
847-336-9037

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 1844368)
Your rebuttles to the Zoomfuns posts have been classy to this point. Don't you think that this is a little over the edge. Jimmy or his boat have nothing to do with this thread. Come on.

ruh row.

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 1844774)

:eek: Andy shame on you. Nobody ever mentioned any names here or what kind of boat, but now you let the cat out of da bag.

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 1842235)
Wait until this years Chi town poker run DVD comes out and watch what it is like running in the lake! I know many of you will be suprised.

My dad was the card boat in Michigan City the first stop of the run. Let me put it like this, my brother 22 years old been on the lake since an infant, " Dad this was the only time I have every been scared with you driving the boat". The boat was a 36' cabin cruiser. It was too rough to anchor and they were behind a break wall.

For the record, less than a 1/3 of the boats made it too the first stop Gatorone in his 47 OL was the first to the stop and a 47' Fountain was number too! Ask them how rough the lake was! :drink:

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 1807604)
No sh!t!!!

I'll admit that I turned around. We pounded for 17 miles toward Michigan City and I loved every minute of it. I had my Father with me, and he was not sure until afterward if he was having fun or not. His exact quote: "I have not seen water like that since I was on an Aircraft Carrier in 1962."

He did absolutely enjoy every minute of the run though; (even though he had to think about it).

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 1807582)
The BIG question is who was fist to the stop?

Is that a stepped hull :evilb:

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 1807577)
23 boats made it to the first stop in Michigan City, my dad was the card boat. All the cards are drawn at the banquet dinner after the run.

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 1807430)
The 6' waves were the small ones on the morning legs of the run they were more like 6-8'. :drink:

Spirit38 12-31-2006 09:37 AM

What compression are are you running with the 555's and M3 procharger?