Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121866-non-stepp-naturally-aspirated.html)

375stinger 02-05-2006 05:28 PM

Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

top banana explained it perfectly...todays boats are built for an entirely different environment than the old school true offshores :cool:

Jupiter Sunsation 02-05-2006 05:46 PM

You old school guys in 25 year old sleds can race around all you want but a Fountain 42 Poker Run with 525's is a 98 MPH boat that will get you there in style and comfort with lesser chance of failure (boat or motor). Any Nortech cat will do the same thing. Where is LS when you need him? Their F2 boat will run with the best of the sleds out there! LS senior has driven these boats for years, do you honestly think he is now settling for a less substantial boat like his F2? Your argument is like saying a 1966 Big Block Corvette crushes a 2006 ZO6. The Z06 will beat down grampa's vette with the A/C on and golf clubs in the trunk!
The old boats were great in their time but are now antiques, relics in a by gone era. If you guys were correct that they are better boats why is the red amsoil Scarab the oldest boat on the circuit? Where are the Apaches, Cigs? The answer: MUSEUMS!

375stinger 02-05-2006 06:02 PM

...............you do know ls boat is a cig right :drink: ....noone is trying to argue with you, this was a thread about old school boats. we choose these boat cause we like em. we chose to spend a year and a half restoring a cig over a newer tg because we chose to. we are putting near 3000hp in ours and it will prob run near or right on 100 when set up right, and know that would could do that with lesser power in a newer boat, but thats our choice. and personally for gettin somewhere in comfort, if im out in the ocean ill be waay more comfortable in my 15500# cig than a new 42 fountain pr. and when im 16 im gettin myself an old chevelle and gonna put myself a new crate zz572 720horse, cuse i want to :D
if you dont like old school no step offshores than why r u even in this thread?

Top Banana 02-05-2006 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You old school guys in 25 year old sleds can race around all you want but a Fountain 42 Poker Run with 525's is a 98 MPH boat that will get you there

The old boats were great in their time but are now antiques, relics in a by gone era. If you guys were correct that they are better boats why is the red amsoil Scarab the oldest boat on the circuit? Where are the Apaches, Cigs? The answer: MUSEUMS!

Antiques??, museums??, old school.....????

Once again, the thread started out talking about BIG WATER.

Now, I don't doubt you that a 42 Poker Run Fountain with 525's can do 98 MPH.

And I don't question your statement that the red Amsoil Scarab is the oldest boat on the circuit.

But I ask....where is the connection with BIG WATER??

Are you saying that the Fountain can run 98 MPH from Miami to Nassau and back?

Or are you saying that the "Circuit" of today has so much "BIG WATER", that the point is moot??

I drove LS's boat a couple of weeks ago from Boca Raton to Miami at 90 MPH, so I know what the modern type of boat is capable of.

Since everyone goes to Key West in November, maybe you have a Poker Run boat that you would like to run against some old antique....let's say from Miami to Nassau to Key West? Nice little run over some open ocean, shouldn't be a problem at all. There might even be a chance you could catch a flat water day in November.

It would certainly go a long way on shutting up all the old school relics.

375stinger 02-05-2006 06:22 PM

hehe.....yeah yo wanna take some antiques up on a REAL race? :cool:

TeamSaris 02-05-2006 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More
Non step...RoughWater Rig...BlowerMotors...Fast...Fountain. :cool:

GO MARK!!!!!!!! :D

Jupiter Sunsation 02-05-2006 06:24 PM

I do like old school boats but for a 13 year old to insinuate that they are better is ridiculous! How much BIG WATER boating have you gotten in Kentucky? Your dad's boat may be cool but will probably never see the Ocean again if it ever has. A new sit down boat with shock seats sounds way more comfortable to me. I use the car analogies so people who are unfamiliar with older boats can see my point. Several Apaches attended the Key West Poker Run this year and they looked great. Medicine Man is one of my favorites but did he get a better/faster ride than the guys in 46 Rough Riders? I don't think so. At the lunch stop, the first ones on the dock were 45 Maximus, Xtreme Xibit etc. They weren't there because they had slower, less comfortable boats!
http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo...D05-14-076.cfm

As far as your Chevelle dreams, don't be shocked when a fast and furious Subaru spanks your Chevelle becuase with all that HP it won't hook up that great, will handle piss poor and couldn't stop to save your life. It's not how fast your car goes but rather how well your car goes fast!

Get back to the homework Joe Dirt, your primer Chevelle on blocks will still be in the front yard when you get home from school. BTW, Apache was out of business by the time you were born!

Byrdman 02-05-2006 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by JUKED YOU
hey oldschool, you should check your gear lube levels more often :eek:

I think they are just puke bottles for 6s. :D

TeamSaris 02-05-2006 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice MArk!! Go Saris Racing Engines!

375stinger 02-05-2006 06:27 PM

haha dork..i used to live in florida moron :rolleyes: get a life..joe dirt with a chevelle on blocks? at least im not too cheap to not fork up for a membership :cool: