BeavBoats.com deal gone bad!!!!!! >

BeavBoats.com deal gone bad!!!!!!

Notices

BeavBoats.com deal gone bad!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Angry BeavBoats.com deal gone bad!!!!!!

So most of you know that my father and I have been looking for a new boat for a little over two months. For the last three weeks we have been trying to put together a deal with BeavBoats.com for a 1998 382 formula. So after numerous phone calls back and forth we get a call yesterday afternoon saying the deal is complete and he would like us to sign a contract. No problem, he emailed it over to us we signed it and sent it back. We then scheduled the sea trial for this morning over in Miami.

So this all went well till this morning.... We leave the house at 8am to meet him and the owner at 10am for the sea trail. We get caught in a little traffic. We get a call at 10am (we are 10 minutes away from the marina) saying the owner will not sell the boat for the price we agreed to on the contract and will not let us sea trail the boat. So we told him to wait a few minutes and we will be right there. So we pull up and the owner is gone and Gary (Beavboats.com) is giving us the walk around about how it was our fault that we didn't wire transfer the money into his personal account. Now keep in mind that the deal came togther at 5pm saturday afternoon and no banks were open. also we had a check in hand for 10% value of the boat ready to give him at the time of the sea trail.

So what really happend is that he gave us bad information saying that the deal was complete and told the owner the same thing but for a different amount. when the owner saw the contract for the lesser amount that we agreed apon he got mad and left. So if we would have wire transfered the money to him we would have never saw it again!

So if anyone is looking for a boat do not deal with beavboats.com learn from me and walk away before you lose a lot of money!

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 02-05-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: BeavBoats.com deal gone bad!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dgduck13
So if anyone is looking for a boat do not deal with beavboats.com learn from me and walk away before you lose a lot of money!

sorry for what happened.....

but this not new news when it comes to the beav
Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search here on Beavboats.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Registered

Are you sure the owner left early, the boat may of never been there?

Sorry to here this, I have yet to hear anything good come from this guy......

Last edited by FeverFan; 02-05-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Old Miami Shuffle, Be Glad That You Didn`t Give Him A Cent. We Need To Choke Guys Like That Out Of The Business. Who Today Will Buy A Boat Without A Sea Trial And A Survey Not Just For Peace Of Mind Reasons But Most Banks And Ins Companies Wont Deal That Way. Its A Good Thing You Walked Before It Was To Late. I Wonder What The Government's Opinion Would Be Of Having Boat Deposits Wired To His Personal Account. Not To Mention It Was A Brokered Boat Very Shady
Old 02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

[QUOTE=FeverFan]Are you sure the owner left early, the boat may of never there?
QUOTE]

I know the boat was there becasue I saw it three weeks ago when we first started dealing on this boat.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:39 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

this guy lists boats that he is not contracted to sell, the owner of the boat might not even be aware that his boat is listed. you need to do a search on beav on here and RUN AWAY from any dealings with him
Old 02-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Sorry to here your deal fell apart. This Formula just hit the OSO classified and looks pretty solid. It caught my eye and I am not a Formula guy. Still can't decide if the motors are actually new or just rebuilt. I thought new until description stated they were worked on by local mechanics.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8817.html

Nice package anyway
Old 02-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

That beaver is trouble!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dgduck13
I know the boat was there becasue I saw it three weeks ago when we first started dealing on this boat.
I wasn't saying there was no boat, just it may of never been at the boat ramp. There is always a boat, just not his listing.

Quick Reply: BeavBoats.com deal gone bad!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.