Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Attn. NJ Boaters (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121897-attn-nj-boaters.html)

Catagory5 02-05-2006 06:28 PM

Re: Attn. NJ Boaters

Maybe this will mean the fisherman anchored in the channel will stop flipping me off?

Probably not :D

I think it's great. Too many idiots out there.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-05-2006 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
So no out of state boaters allowed without any sort of boating course?

"are exempt from the safety course if they can show proof of similar education from NASBLA, the Coast Guard or other state."

If your state requires it, then you need a copy of it with you.

We had an example last night from a Trooper.
It's like if a 16 year old is allowed to drive a car in Fla., then they are allowed to drive in NJ as long as it is their registered vehicle from Fla. They would not be permitted to drive a NJ registered vehicle with their Fla. license in NJ.

So if someone comes in from NY, they must be operating the boat that is registered in NY and have whatever NY requires.

This education law is no surprise. We actually asked for it over having a mandatory 35 mph speed limit on all NJ waterways.
The only surprise was that we hoped it was going to be for "ALL" boaters, not just powerboaters. :(

I guess we will be lobbying again.... :rolleyes:

VinMan 02-05-2006 06:45 PM

I have no problem with it at all. I think it's a great idea. Theres way too many a**holes out there, that have no business being on the water. As Sharkey said ALL boaters should be required, sail, power , PWC's.
This should have been done a long time ago.

CAP071 02-05-2006 07:10 PM

Amen Vinman Amen

rainmn 02-05-2006 07:19 PM

Is this the same course we had to take to be legal on a PWC?

dean51267 02-05-2006 07:36 PM

I hate to see gooberment messing in our lives, but if it makes the other guy safer, it has its benefits.

We all know there are to many stupid yahoos on the water. Maybe this will help keep that down, or it may just be another rule responsible boates follow, and irresponsable ones do not....

biginches 02-05-2006 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
:D

See you all out on the water soon! :evilb:

just stay on your side of the river.lol :D

ps. see ya sat nite,ok?

CAP071 02-06-2006 06:24 AM

Just stay away from Barnegat Inlet on weekends then or I'll board ya and frisk your women and you possibly :D

See Ya Sat :drink:

biginches 02-06-2006 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by CAP071
Just stay away from Barnegat Inlet on weekends then or I'll board ya and frisk your women and you possibly :D

See Ya Sat :drink:

don't tease me :evilb:

RHC 02-06-2006 01:04 PM

I am not sure that I read the above correctly but the way I understand it,,, A 17yr old chick running a rental agency can BS with the 17yr old highschool jock and rent him a PWC or rental boat and he needs nothing ?????? did I read that right ??

RHC