Notices

Want to buy Groceries by boat in Ft. Lauderdale

Old 03-29-2006, 03:59 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to buy Groceries by boat in Ft. Lauderdale

Nope, won't have a car, don't need one, and don't like taxis in Ft Lauderdale. Normally I fly down, cruise the boat on the ICW to buy groceries at Joe's supply in Hollywood, great deli there too.

Tomorrow I won't have time and will stay in FT Lauderdale on the boat for the four days I am down there.

Are there groceries a short walk from Marina Mar, club OSO, Shooters?

The boat is then moving to the Grande whatever, that used to be the Marriott near the convention center. Are there groceries a short walk from there?

I understand there is a Publix at Cordova Road/17th Street interesection. Is there is public dock or dine and dash dockside restaurant a short walk from that location?

Thanks for the help, I will be checking on on Fugs at club OSO likely on Sunday afternoon en route to Shooters, anyone else going to be there? What are club OSO hours? How do I reserve a Galdiator seat and primo TV viewing spot near the beer fridge? What does Fugs like to eat other than worn out OSO members?

So many questions, so little time. Groceries and booze supplies are critical.

Last edited by CBR; 03-29-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Want to buy Groceries by boat in Ft. Lauderdale

There is a publix a short walk from the old marriott. Just head west on 17th st then its onthe south side a couple blocks down.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:57 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Thanks, that looks like the solution!

Last edited by CBR; 03-29-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Club OSO will require a taxi. It is a t least 3 miles from a dock. I can send "Fugs" to pick you up, but your probably safer in a taxi than riding with him. You can rent scooters at a shop behind the Elbo Room on the beach. As mentioned, the Publix on 17th st is the closest to the water. If you want to ride up the New River you can dock behind my house and ride in with me. Club OSO is a 2 minute fork lift ride from my shop on our fork lift and a 3.5 minute ride on Steve's new lift AKA "Sloow Mootion" . I usually leave for the shop about 11am, so we're there in time for lunch.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:58 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Hi, custommarine, I thought club OSO was inbetween Shooters and Marina Mar. Didn't Steve said something about docking privledges there? My boat is stored at Marina Mar, but don't like to leave it in the water there with all the rental boats milling around the scarce docks. .

Thanks for the kind offer to dock for a bit at your house, will be moving the boat to Coral Ridge YC for Sunday night. Thought it would be cool to see club OSO enroute on Sunday, cruise to your house might be fun, wifey wants to see the fearsome Fugs.

I will PM my cell number to you.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Club OSO is on the north side of the Ft Lauderdale airport. About 1000 feet north of I-595. The "Fugs" will be looking forward to meeting the Mrs. I have to warn you he is a womanizer. Unless he has some "Evidence" to get rid of, he likes Jr size burgers from Wendy's, plain, with cheeze. He also likes Puperoni's, original recipe.
Attached Thumbnails Want to buy Groceries by boat in Ft. Lauderdale-pict0163-small-.jpg  
Old 03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Man, he looks like he must have a chick stashed back there, most fearsome photo I have sever seen. Look forward to seeing the crew, and a quick peek at your neat shop if possible!
Old 03-29-2006, 06:54 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by custommarine
Club OSO will require a taxi. It is a t least 3 miles from a dock. I can send "Fugs" to pick you up, but your probably safer in a taxi than riding with him. You can rent scooters at a shop behind the Elbo Room on the beach. As mentioned, the Publix on 17th st is the closest to the water. If you want to ride up the New River you can dock behind my house and ride in with me. Club OSO is a 2 minute fork lift ride from my shop on our fork lift and a 3.5 minute ride on Steve's new lift AKA "Sloow Mootion" . I usually leave for the shop about 11am, so we're there in time for lunch.
The are all wrong, don't listen to them. The Club OSO that he is referring to he is mixing up with the Bootleggers VIP room at the Bikini contest on Sunday afternoon. The real club OSO is in the Warehouse on 33rd Street.

As far as groceries, when you turn down the canal to go to the Marriott keep going straight to Southport Rawbar at the very end. Have lunch there (one of my favorite places) and walk across the street to Winn Dixie. Publix is much further and way overpriced.

BTW- any time you wanna race that rice burner forklift against my diesel for pink slips let me know. I bet if Fugs were the prize instead of the pink slip you wouldn't be talking all the trash.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Ha Steve, you are in charge of OSO for a reason--masterful logic! That is exactly what we shall do for groceries, mucho thanks!

Hope to see Fugs taking you for a walk through club OSO on Sunday.

Last edited by CBR; 03-29-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:39 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Club OSO is off the hook, but OSO VIP at Shooters for the bikini contest is the place on sunday. What's wrong with Lauderdale Taxi's? Man-up, get the groceries and then come hang with the boys . I think I'll have Moisture Missle out Sunday 'cause the OSO Glad-he-ate-her is out of commission. Cash Bar will also be with us I'm sure.

Quick Reply: Want to buy Groceries by boat in Ft. Lauderdale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.