Notices

Boating in Iowa

Old 02-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Boating in Iowa

HeadHunter called yesterday for a job up in Iowa. I was wondering what lakes are their to boat on? The job is up around Waterloo area. Any info would be apprectiated.

PS
I looked on the map and the only thing that looked close was the Miss River.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Boating in Iowa

We know a couple that live in Iowa and keep their boat in Port Washington, Wisconsin and come up every summer weekend!

But that is probably not good news to you. Sorry.

Just curious - Waterloo - Tyson?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

John Deer
Old 02-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I know some folks that work at Deere in Wis and some retirees. They seem to like their company.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a cousin that lives 30 miles West of Davenport. They have a cruiser in a slip on the Miss and are out there every weekend.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

I assume that is the place to boat at from what I can see or travel to LOTO and that is about 5+ hours and that is not acceptable.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Smile Re: Boating in Iowa

I lived in Iowa until 1998 then moved to Lake City Mn. right on lake pepin that actually is a wide spot [2 to 3miles wide] in the Mississippi. From Lake City you can run 20+ miles either way without having to lock through. If you want to use the locks you can go all the way from the twin cities to the gulf. There is a poker run a few miles south of us in July or Aug if your interested in something like that, called Liquid Jungle. Lots of places for gas, refreshments,etc The Mississippi can handle large boats easily. Ours is only a small 23 ft boat and at times to small. Lake City is less then 3 hrs from Waterloo and highway 63 is a nice road for a easy tow. If your coming here from the coast you are going to be dissapointed, but its the best we have to offer. If I can answer any more questions just holler.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

You would be surprised as to how many people from that area travel to Lake of the Ozarks to boat each weekend. Most of them have a place and store their boat on a lift, which makes life much easier.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:10 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
You would be surprised as to how many people from that area travel to Lake of the Ozarks to boat each weekend. Most of them have a place and store their boat on a lift, which makes life much easier.
Yeah, what he said. Was just going to make the same post but the Kid beat me to it. I have alot of friends that continue to make the trek to LOTO to boat. Some have made the move permanent. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

I know about everyone from Iowa going to LOTO but I just cant take that long drive every weekend. I want to get out of the automotive Teir 1 fab business and JD sounds very interesting. I like to hunt and fish so that is a positive but the boating seems very limited unless your willling to have an extensive travel time. My present locaiton in Ky allows me to travel to South Ill to hunt and my boating is so easy, 40 minutes were in the water. I guess I'm kind of lucky and I did not realize it.

Quick Reply: Boating in Iowa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.