Notices

south beach accommodation

Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry south beach accommodation

Anyone know of a decent hotel that still has something available?

We had an apartment reserved, deposit wired, everything in place. This WE, we get a call from the agency saying that they made a mistake, that their apartments are overbooked and that they're refunding our deposit. Geez, how kind of them...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts
Default Re: south beach accommodation

Try this:

http://www.hoteldelores.com/index.htm

Also, the Clevelander still had room as of last week.

http://www.clevelander.com/

I have stayed here, and liked it, but they may be booked:

http://www.essexhotel.com/

They have several hotels in the same ownership
Old 02-06-2006, 12:49 PM
BK
Registered

Originally Posted by super termoli
Anyone know of a decent hotel that still has something available?

We had an apartment reserved, deposit wired, everything in place. This WE, we get a call from the agency saying that they made a mistake, that their apartments are overbooked and that they're refunding our deposit. Geez, how kind of them...
I sure feel for you. This kind of poor management ruins MANY family vacations. Just wish there was some sort of restitution!

Back in November I booked 4 seats on the new "Hooters Air" flying out of Gary, IN to Las Vegas. The prices were wonderful, the flights were non-stop and the departure times were perfect. I was meeting 20+ members of my family there and my kids were so excited.

TWO WEEKS before Christmas, Hooters leaves a message that our flight has been cancelled, there are no alternative flights and there is nothing they can do to help us !!!!!

I learn that they've cancelled ALL flights in and out of Gary, IN for the entire month of December! THOUSANDS of people in the Chicago area are now looking for last minute flights!

In a panic, I check flights on other airlines - now they are all $1000+ with 2 or more stops, but most are totally sold out (holidays!). I was absolutely raving mad! Totally ruined everyones holiday spirit.

I was just about ready to rent a motor home and DRIVE to Nevada, but in some lucky twist, we somehow found tickets that weren't out of reach (only about $20 bucks more than the original flights). Someone must have cancelled just as we were inquiring.

The downside was we had to extend our stay a few days to get on a non-sold-out flight, which added about $270 more to our expense plans. (Hotel, rental car, etc).

This kind of "last minute cancellation" and rotten business management does cost people LOTS of unnecessary expenses every year - with no consequences to the at-fault seller!

There has to be something out there that protects the buyer in these situations? What do you lawyers think?

Last edited by BK; 02-06-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

I'm sure there is some legal way in which I could make their lives miserable but unfortunately they know full well that I don't live where the competent court is, that I don't have time for that BS, that I probably don't want to spend my money on that BS, that I just want to get that BS out of my system, etc. So, even though they may theoretically be obliged to pay damages or find other accommodation or whatever, they know that in practice they don't risk much.

So I can just as well write to the New York transit complaints bureau, it would have just about the same effect.

In any case, I have decided to attend and enjoy myself anyway, it's going to be more expensive either because I will have to get a hotel that is further away and then get a rental car or pay a premium and get skinned at a conveniently located hotel, but it is what it is...