Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed restrictions...which states have them now or in the near future? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121995-speed-restrictions-states-have-them-now-near-future.html)

maximus79 02-06-2006 08:29 PM

Speed restrictions...which states have them now or in the near future?

Stemming from the latest going on in NH, I'm just wondering which states currently have or envision having similar enforced speed restrictions on lakes and other inland bodies of water?

I will finish up with grad school in a year and this will be an important factor as to where I want to boat in the US if I settle here. I want to keep flying! :D

Any info would be great. Thanks!

GLH 02-06-2006 08:51 PM

Re: Speed restrictions...which states have them now or in the near future?

None here.

Lake Champlain VT/NY

Steve_H 02-06-2006 08:54 PM

No speed limit at Loto............................yet :rolleyes:

mwdill 02-07-2006 05:27 AM

none in VA this year :drink:

Pismo10 02-07-2006 05:46 AM

Lake George, NY-- 45mph during the day, 25mph at night. Unenforced tho.

Dean Ferry 02-07-2006 07:25 AM

FLORIDA, the Manatee state! We have more speed (Manatee) zones than the other 49 states combined! :mad:
We have the $MC to thank for all this BULLCHIT!!
Dean

wrinkleface 02-07-2006 07:47 AM

In Michigan, I believe most inland lakes are 55mph but 1 mile offshore on any of the great lakes, it's "Balls to the Wall"!Somebody jump in if I have this mucked up! :eek:

Cord 02-07-2006 07:49 AM

In Wisconsin several local communities have established speed limits on the smaller lakes. Usually, the limit is 45.

KiloKat 02-07-2006 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Steve_H
No speed limit at Loto............................yet :rolleyes:

Steve is correct for daytime boating but between sunset and sunrise there is a speed limit of 30mph on LOTO. Attended the hearings at Missouri's capital building when these night time limits were proposed along with daytime restrictions. Lobbied with others to get the daytime speeds written out of the original bill with the trade off being acceptance of night time limits.

CigDaze 02-07-2006 09:17 AM

Rivers and Intercoastal are plagued by Manatee Zones, but most bays and inlets are wide open -- for now.