Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122163-horrible-news-we-lost-one-our-own-oso-member-bill272-has-passed-away.html)

BADA BING 02-10-2006 06:12 PM

Re: Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away

Very sad, sorry to hear this...best wishes to his family :(

TomR 02-10-2006 07:56 PM

RIP Bill, we will keep your family in our prayers.

wwwTOPDJcom 02-10-2006 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
its tough to see the pics of his wife and so very young kids.

being 40 I have to ask anyone that might know, what was his general health and was there a history?

I thought the same thing Im 43. Very sad. too young to go
RIP Bill :(

freckles 02-10-2006 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by wwwTOPDJcom
I thought the same thing Im 43. Very sad. too young to go
RIP Bill :(

Hi, I'm Christine, Bill's wife.

Bill had generally good health. He had atrial fibrillation about ten years ago, but it resolved and he wasn't on medication. He did, however, have a family history. Two uncles and an aunt passed away in their 40's, but that was about 35 years ago. His cholesterol was a little high, as was his blood pressure, but he wasn't on medication. He had some stress in his work life, but we just went skiing about two weeks ago and he didn't complain of chest pain, tingling or numbness.

Thank you for all the kind words and for sharing your memories. It brings us comfort.

Christine

freckles 02-10-2006 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by powerqrudy
That is terrible....I met him on Gull island one time on a thursday nite when a bunch of guys were hanging out...2003 ?

I think ..he had a nice early 90's 272?? he kept on a trailer by the south river road launch???

he looked like a guy who was like thin and 35???

what a shame...that is way to young!!!

Condolonces to him and his family at this time..

Bill and I had an '89 272 Formula when we both joined this site. Since then we sold it an got a '95 336. He just never changed his name. And yes, we kept both boats on the trailer near the launch. We'd launch and retrieve each time--and we were still married...

boathead 02-11-2006 05:31 AM

Christine,
I just got the news from Shirley Dillon(of Cardshark Fame) yesterday, please accept our condolences. I only met you two once, but you made a great impression on us! It is truly sad when we lose someone of Bill's caliber. I hope you and the kids can take comfort in the years you had with him, sometimes that's all we have after a tragedy like this.......

God Bless You Guys,
Paul and Monique

Little Tommy 02-11-2006 01:32 PM

Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. So sorry to hear of this terrible news.....LT and Kathy

Downtown42 02-11-2006 02:17 PM

So sorry to hear. :( God Bless.

frequentflyer 02-11-2006 02:23 PM

Man... 42... That's a young guy.. My Condolences to the family and may he rest in peace....

boatnt 02-11-2006 06:32 PM

Rip Bill :( God Bless