Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gaffrig's new line of gauges! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122192-gaffrigs-new-line-gauges.html)

KNOT-RIGHT 02-09-2006 08:35 PM

Re: Gaffrig's new line of gauges!

Originally Posted by Byrdman
I like old school gauges ....simple...easy...mechanical!

Tom post a picture of the back of the gauges so
all these guys can lay down!

tpmarine.com 02-09-2006 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell. Ya post a thread showing pics, expect the comments. Ya gotta take the bad with the good :)

Troutly, feedback is exactly what I was looking for...good and bad.

knot-right, I will be posting more photos over the next several days in the advertisers section.

KNOT-RIGHT 02-09-2006 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Yes, Auto Meter. A very well made gauge.
Either way, Livorsi has been outstanding in the customer relations and repair dept.

No personal experince with Gaffrig Performance to comment

Hmmm, Mike tried to sell me the house in Cape Coral.
Should have bought it worth twice as much now.
Ed.... Every time I talk to him he knows what I need.
Never remembers me.

No personal experience with gaffrig here either.

Could be a good thing.
Gerry

Jigsaw89 02-09-2006 08:45 PM

They look like Livorsi knock-offs. No offense, I just call it like I see it.

GAUGETHIS 02-09-2006 08:51 PM

Did anyone see the new SILVER CARBON FIBER MONSTER gauges with LED lighting Livorsi introduced at the LA Boat Show?

tpmarine.com 02-09-2006 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
They look like Livorsi knock-offs. No offense, I just call it like I see it.

no offense taken and I totally see your point, but that can be said about a lot of products in the marine industry...

tpmarine.com 02-09-2006 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by ANDREW REALTOR
Mike Livorsi helped me out I know there was some legal dispute about rights to Gaffrig name but I"ll stick with Livorsi till I have problem :rolleyes:

Then I do not believe that you will use anything else but Livorsi because Mike is a stand up guy, offers a great product and runs a great company. I have never had any problems working with Mike or anyone at Livorsi marine.

US1 Fountain 02-09-2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by GAUGETHIS
Did anyone see the new SILVER CARBON FIBER MONSTER gauges with LED lighting Livorsi introduced at the LA Boat Show?

Does the LED give off a different light over the rubber bulb cover?

drypipetiger 02-09-2006 08:59 PM

GREAT. :mad:

More sh!t for me to spend money on... My boat budget is pretty much twice what I make... :eek:

Hot Duck 02-09-2006 09:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We had Livorsi guages in the Top Gun (were sold as Gaffrig then), we had actual Gaffrig guages in the Gladiator and we have Auto Meter guages in the Apache. In my opinion, they are relatively equal and I think that it all comes down to personal preference. To me, all three brands look great and work well.

I personally like to see the new products no matter who they are from. Tpmarine, please keep the pictures coming and thanks for the info! :D