Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need Engines...... ...... ..need Engines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122202-need-engines-need-engines.html)

WeaponX 02-10-2006 10:04 PM

Re: Need Engines...... ...... ..need Engines

Originally Posted by customryder
you meant run from... i cant keep up.....but can i have one of those like in your avatar now? :D :p :chick:

That's one of the (French benefits) of a fast cat. :D The shirt or whats in it???? :evilb:

LubeJobs42 02-10-2006 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
I think you will find that a 100-105mph nortech will be a ton less than a 125-130mph boat, over 850hp open wide. If you use it on loto, the 525's will push you as fast as you want to go. On the weekends 85-90 is all you want bvecause it is so crowded and rough, you just wont run 125mph but maybe twice a year there.

I disagree. You don't buy a Nortech which is one of the hottest looking boats out there to have 80% of the boats out there pass you by. Nothing ruins your day quicker then having your A$$ kicked. That's why Corvette, Lamborgini and Ferrari don't have an optional 4 cyl engine! I have 2 friends with 36 Nortechs with 525's. Both of them are currenty upgrading to bigger power because they are tired of showing up 30 minutes after the rest of us.

Dregsz 02-11-2006 12:35 AM

I can do a pair at that price, to your spec.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-6210.html

Thanks
Evan

need a pair complete....525, 575 merc. or custom 600-750 hp
Please PM or call 270 442 1777 must be reasonable 25- 35k
Thanks Jeff

800XCR 02-11-2006 08:19 AM

I have a friend looking to sell a pair of fresh Sterling 850's for $50k complete ready to use.

Buddy OO 02-11-2006 09:34 AM

I was just suggesting a warrantied, reliable, yet still insurable option, and if the boat is to be used at loto for weekend use then the 525/arneson which should be a 110+ mph boat would be plenty of power and more speed than you can safely run. Depending on where you are located on the lake you cant run any faster due to traffic. If the boat is going to be used on the poker run circuit or the owner needs to be up at the front of races then go with big power, that is if you can get insurance and afford it. for poker runs the Nortech 850's are a nice package, however I believe that boat has #6 arnesons on it which I believe are rated at 750hp. the 850's will push you close to 135mph.. just trying to help with your decision

Hauling Trash 02-11-2006 09:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres a pair of 750 Sterlings with 1 hr on them .

FIRESALE price $30.000.00 for the pair.

Mike

customryder 02-11-2006 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
I was just suggesting a warrantied, reliable, yet still insurable option, and if the boat is to be used at loto for weekend use then the 525/arneson which should be a 110+ mph boat would be plenty of power and more speed than you can safely run. Depending on where you are located on the lake you cant run any faster due to traffic. If the boat is going to be used on the poker run circuit or the owner needs to be up at the front of races then go with big power, that is if you can get insurance and afford it. for poker runs the Nortech 850's are a nice package, however I believe that boat has #6 arnesons on it which I believe are rated at 750hp. the 850's will push you close to 135mph.. just trying to help with your decision

Ky lake is very long plenty of room with no traffic. Just a few water-flees & fish-heads :D

customryder 02-11-2006 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
what would it take to make these useable? detune decress rpm? to much trouble?

509 CI
Peak power @ 7200 RPM
Max power 800+
Mechanical fuel pumps included
Daily dry sump pump and engine plumbing
Twin bell housing cooling system
Single stage Mercury water pump
Jessel belt drive
Spring oilers in valve covers
MSD billet distributor
Demon 1095 Carb

Dregsz 02-11-2006 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
Heres a pair of 750 Sterlings with 1 hr on them .

FIRESALE price $30.000.00 for the pair.

Mike

That's a good deal

WeaponX 02-11-2006 11:44 AM

what would it take to make these useable? detune decress rpm? to much trouble?

509 CI
Peak power @ 7200 RPM
Max power 800+
Mechanical fuel pumps included
Daily dry sump pump and engine plumbing
Twin bell housing cooling system
Single stage Mercury water pump
Jessel belt drive
Spring oilers in valve covers
MSD billet distributor
Demon 1095 Carb

Why detune? Just don't turn the 7200rpm and they should last for a little bit. It's just the 110 octane. $$$